Chapter Sixteen

All Rights Reserved!

If possible, please direct all comments at all three authors by saying "@Twrex10 and @AgelessQuest" when you comment. I will get a notification about the comments already, since the story is on my account. Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Sixteen

Leo woke up with a groan. Today, was Leo’s day to die. He knew he couldn’t last another day with the poison coursing through his veins. Maybe, if he was lucky, he would die in his sleep, but he knew there was absolutely no hope of him living any longer. The great Leo Valdez was going to die today, and knew there was no successful argument to save him.

That is, until the great Leo Valdez saw the plant on the table.

“Calypso!” Leo exclaimed, as loud as he could in his weak state. “Calypso! Calypso, wake up!”

“What?” she asked groggily as she sat up. She rubbed her eyes and yawned, finally dropping her hands in her lap.

“The Moly Plant!” Leo shouted. “The Moly Plant!”

Immediately Calypso’s face awakened, her eyes alert and hopeful. “Where?” she asked. “Where is it?”

“On the table!”

Calypso’s eyes darted to the table and widened when she saw the plant. She jumped up and out of the bed and dashed over to the table to inspect the plant. The plant was small, with only one blooming flower, but the flower was yellow and had six petals that made the flower head look like a star. There were several buds underneath the flower, but they weren’t close to blooming yet. Each stem was thin, but Leo knew not to judge the flower by its cover. As of then, the flower was like a lifeline for Leo (literally). He couldn’t survive without this flower, now.

“Is it the right one?” Leo asked, becoming hopeful too.

“Yes!” Calypso exclaimed. “There’s a note.” Calypso pulled a small roll of paper out of the dirt holding the plant and unrolled it. She cleared her throat and continued. “It says: ‘Use this wisely, and save my son.’”

“Hephaestus,” they said together.

Silently, in his head, Leo said, Thank you, father. Thank you, Apollo. Thank you, Demeter. Thank you.

“They came through,” Leo breathed. “They came through.”

“Leo! They did!” Calypso beamed. “They got us the plant! Now we can save your life!”

“Yay,” Leo sighed, able to joke around a little bit before he felt himself nearing unconsciousness again. His eyelids drooped and he forced them open again.

“Let me get all of the other ingredients,” Calypso said quickly. She began dashing all around the cave to get the other ingredients for Leo’s cure ready. Leo was about to get healed.

Leo watched Calypso dash around the cave, and, internally, Leo smiled. Hephaestus, Apollo, and Demeter had come through. Leo Valdez would be able to live to fight monsters another day.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“It’s done,” Calypso said a few hours later, holding up a small vial with a cork stopper in it. “I finished making the cure.” Inside the vial was some sort of liquid, that swirled around in the vial and was a clear color, with a hint of red in it. Calypso placed the vial on the table next to her, then turned to face Leo.

“Great,” Leo said tiredly, his eyelids drooping. He had to force himself to stay awake, and Calypso noticed. He fell asleep several times while Calypso was combining the ingredients to make Leo’s cure, and each time Calypso woke him up, it became harder and harder. Leo did everything he could to make it look not as bad as it really was, but he was feeling miserable. He couldn’t move any part of his body below his waist, and while he could still use the limbs above his waist, they were extremely weak.

Calypso turned away from the bottle containing the cure to check on Leo quickly and make sure he hadn’t fallen asleep. She made sure his eyes could focus on her and that he was breathing as well as he could. After confirming he was awake, Calypso turned back around to grab the cure, but there was one problem.

It wasn’t there.

Written by Volleyballstar11 (We're working on writing longer chapters.)