Chapter Two: I Hope I'm Not Intruding.

"What?" You demanded once you decided to go home that faithful afternoon at Grillby's.

"you heard what i said, mrs. grillbones." Sans spoke with a little wink, and his usual grin.

"Oh, my God. Just when I thought things couldn't possibly get worst, you added that pun."

Casually, Sans shrugged, but the smile never did once waver on the short skeleton's face. "come inside. they're all waitin’ for ya, kid."

Your eyebrows furrowed at this. How could there be a they when all you ever left home was Toriel?

"They?" You questioned, and in response, Sans just pushed the door open.

As it did, there was a loud booming sound, followed by colorful confetti falling in a graceful manner. "HAPPY 1ST YEAR OF FALLING IN THE UNDERGROUND, Y/N!" all the monsters inside cheered gleefully.

Finally recovering from the shock, you adjusted to the sight before you. The monsters you've befriended stood before you inside the house. There was Alphys with Undyne, Mettaton with Papyrus, Asgore, Toriel, Napstablook, and many more. Smiling from ear to ear, you wiped a loose stray tear from under your eyes.

Indeed, it was Christmas day when you fell down a hole. It was the 24th near midnight when you decided to go up the said mountain. It had been a spectacular year after all. "You guys," you sniffle, "thank you."

"Oh, that is not all, little one." Toriel's loving voice chimed. You gave her a questioning look of confusion. "I invited your fire friend from that restaurant at Snowdin. He said he would be delighted to come!"

Instantly, your cheeks heat up at the mention of your 'fire friend'. You could hear Sans’ snicker behind you. As if it was him who planned this all along. "After all, Sans told me a lot about him!"

On cue, you glared threateningly at Sans who immediately stopped laughing and looked at Toriel in bewilderment. As if he couldn't believe Toriel unconsciously revealed his plans. "And I am very glad you made such wonderful friends." Toriel told you lovingly. Holding onto your hand and smiling motherly at you.

"Yeah," you trailed off, eyes wandering to the many friends you have made. From the timid yellow reptile, to the cinnamon roll of a skeleton. From the energetic yet courageous fish, to the glamorous robot. From the furry king, to the punmaster. Indeed, you have made a wide variety of friends. And it pleased you as much as it pleases Toriel.

"I have." You told her.

"I hope I'm not intruding." A familiar raspy voice spoke from behind you. And seeing the smirk of the short skeleton who possibly moved his way to the front while you were daydreaming, you could tell exactly who that voice belonged to. And your heart could tell as well. It continued to thump quite loudly. Jumping out of excitement.

"Oh, of course not!" Toriel chimed instantly. She gracefully moved towards the fire creature who now stood magnificently beautiful behind you. Slowly, you turned around to face him. Seeing him in a different clothes rather than his bartender uniform. He wore a simple red Christmas sweater filled with adorable looking Christmas trees, accompanied by brown pants, and a black Vans shoes. Where these monsters got that brand was unbeknownst to you.

"Hello! I am Toriel. I am very well pleased you have befriended the human." said Toriel in a calm and peaceful tone.

"Yes," Grillby spoke roughly, his head turning to meet your gaze. "She has done a lot for me during those past few days. I am very well pleased with her work as well."

That's right. You were suddenly hit by a huge truck of nostalgia as Grillby was talking. You remembered you used to work for Grillby the moment Toriel agreed to let you off. But that didn't last quite long as you started meeting Sans. Then Papyrus. Then Alphys, who offered you a different job. Then Undyne who insisted on helping you train to defend yourself in case necessary.

It started to burden you so much that you didn't return back to work for a week. But once you did, it wasn't peachy. You returned safely, yes, that much is a priority. But you couldn't much tell what happened to the atmosphere as Grillby saw the resignation slip in your hand. But without a word exchanged, he accepted the resignation slip, that ironically, turned into ash from his touch. But he gracefully dismissed you.

And another week passed when you never did got the chance to visit him from all the work that these two alone gave you. It's not like you're blaming them, you're just remembering in the perspective of the writer.

"Y/n?" Your thoughts were immediately cut short as the familiar raspy voice called your name. Your heart began to pick such a quick pace as that familiar warmth dusted your cheeks.

"Yeah?" You mustered up quickly, but it turned out to be an awkward moan. If things couldn't get any better, his silence picked up a rather long range. It seemed like an entire century of silence until Grillby spoke.

"They already went inside. I was wondering if you want to come, too." Was all he said. You couldn't quite read—much less understand what expression he's making. Simply because he only had a pair of glasses for a face.

"Uh, uhm, of course. S-Sorry." You stuttered helplessly.

And in the midst of your helpless-ness, the fire creature chuckled ravishingly. Sending an entire herd of butterflies erupt into chaos. "Well, aren't you adorable?"

You couldn't help but freeze in your spot as he said that. His huge hand found its spot on top of your head. And to your surprise, it didn't set your hair on fire. Instead, it was warm. Instead, it was comforting.

This man of a few words. This man made entirely of fire. And this man, who's merely a bartender, had managed to swoop your heart into a tight scoop. And he didn't even use any effort in doing so. But you didn't mind.

In a completely comfortable silence, the both of you casually strolled inside the warmth of your new Home.

❄ ⛄ ❄ ⛄ ❄

Sup, guys?

Just came by to ask a question.

Which Blooky do you prefer? If you don't know who Blooky is, he's that adorable sad little ghost in Undertale who wears a rocking hat and an amazing headset. AKA Napstablook.

Back to the question at hand; which Blooky do you all prefer?

* Human Blooky     * Ghost Blooky

Why?

Just curious is all. 😏

Dang, used the wrong emoji. Too lazy to go back and fix jt. Damn, a typo.

Ugh. I hate it when thjs happens.

So, uh, yeah.

See ya.