Chapter Sixteen: Why Suddenly Talkative?

"Oh, my gosh." You muttered in deep awe as you gaped at the scene before you.

What? You don't remember what happened before that? I haven't told you? My bad, sweetheart. I thought I did. Any who—

Grillby decided to bring you back to his bar and resto, you didn't have any idea to what he was plotting against you, but part of you couldn't wait till it sees what Grillby had in store.

He dragged you inside the shop, and seeing it deserted was a whole new experience to you, but not his. As he proceeded even farther into the bar, you finally noticed where you're going. "Grillby, honey, I can't go in there. I'm not made of fire." You told him in a matter-of-fact tone.

But Grillby remained silently walking in front. As you both neared the door, he suddenly spun and went behind you, grasping your shoulders, he sped up towards the door and it frightened you. Knowing that the last time you tried to enter, you came crashing face first at the door. And it left a huge mark on your face afterwards. "Grillby, stop, I'm gonna—" before you could even finish, a ravishing thing happened.

Fire wrapped your vision and soon enough, you realized that you were surrounded by it. Despite it being fire, it didn't burn nor did it hurt you. Instead, it was a warm and pleasant feeling. The fire slowly vanished and it presented you a very different place. It looked rather modern yet vintage all at the same time. It was . . . spectacular.

It looked like a house inside a restaurant, having those three-sitter fur coated sofa, a chimney made entirely out of wood, a flat screen TV on top—where he got it, you don't know—and surprisingly, another door. But unlike the fire exit one, this one was chained. Properly chained.

"Grillby, is this—"

"-My home." He finished for you, his voice sounded so content and at ease. It made you so glad to be able to hear him speak like this, it was spectacular! It soothed your heart and tore all your worries away.

"This is beautiful." You told him as you continued to gape at it.

He chuckled at your reaction and pulled you closer. "I know, I could tell by the way you look at it." A moment of silence trailed after. Until a question pops in your mind.

"Why suddenly talkative?" You questioned him carefully to which he simply laughed at.

"Why the lack of words?" He shot back and you gave him a look. He laughed again, but didn't answer. Instead, he dragged you to the couch, wrapped the blankets around your body, went to turn off his television, and played a smooth tune. A familiar tune of MTT Brand On The Floor saxophone version. Your cheeks heated up as bad time worthy thoughts filled your mind. Oh, dear.

He strolled back to where you are after igniting the fire place with a snap of his finger—literally. He wrapped an arm around your waist and you rest your head on his shoulder, sighing in utter content. You didn't mind having days like these alone with Grillby rather than going to an expensive restaurant, a bar, or anywhere. This was fine—no, this is more than enough.

"You found my voice, Y/n." Your eyebrows furrowed at what he said and you craned your neck to meet his gaze. A smile formed on his face as he caress your shoulder, "You're wondering why I'm suddenly talkative, aren't you?"

"I am, I thought you were just gonna drop the subject." He smiled at your honesty and kissed the top of your head. His lips lingered there for a moment, and you wished it should've been your lips instead. He pulled away and rested his chin on your head.

"I told you, didn't I? I'm going to tell you everything you want to know about me." Your brain processed what he was trying to say, and the first question that came into your mind was the first thing you blurted out without even realizing.

"Why is that door chained?" You asked, pointing at the chained door hidden by the corridor. Grillby, suspiciously, choked on nothing. His hold around your waist tightened. "Are . . . you okay?" You questioned cautiously, you looked at him with both concern and suspicion.

"Yeah," he grumbled, "I'm," he trailed off, his gaze wandering towards the chained door, "fine." He finished.

You crossed your arms at this. "Well?" You urged.

"Well what?"

"Aren't you going to tell me what's in the door?"

"No."

You were taken aback by what he said, suspicious questions flooded the comfort of your mind. Breaking that contented feeling you had a while ago. "Why not? Didn't you just say you'd answer all of my questions?" You fired.

"I did. And nothing's in that door." And he successfully dodged the bullet. You clenched your teeth.

"Why is it chained then?" You fired once more, and you pictured this exact scene in your mind. It was like a video game where both of you stood opposite each other. Holding a gun on each hand. With you firing, and him dodging like The Monstrix.

"So I can remember that nothing was ever there." Another bullet successfully dodged. But before you could even shoot another question, he beat you to it. "Why so many questions, dear?" He whispered in your ear.

Your ears heated at this. "Nothing, curiosity, maybe?" You could feel him smile as he pulled you closer into a hug.

"Are you jealous?" He questioned you teasingly and you couldn't help but hate how he could see past through you.

"Are you in to kinky stuffs?" You barked, and instantly regretted it. You felt both of your bodies tensed, but his was first to recover. He pulled away agonizingly as his gaze pierced into yours hungrily.

"Are you?" He asked in a form of a whisper, you felt your stomach ache and you cursed at it to stay still. "I could be as kinky as you want me, too, baby. Just say the wo—" you smacked his face with a throw pillow just behind you. You couldn't take moments like these, your stomach hadn't even calmed down.

You squirmed away from him and hid yourself in the blanket he provided you. "Stay away from me." You pouted as he placed the throw pillow on the sofa. He adjusted his glasses and flashed you a warm smile before laughing.

"Aww, you're blushing." He pointed out and your heart exploded by how expectantly beautiful he aw'd.

"Sh-Shut up!" You squeaked, making him laugh even more. "I hate you." You murmured as you sunk into the soft, fuzzy blanket.

"Aww, sweetheart," he cooed as he moved towards you. He carried you and placed you gently on his lap before cuddling you, "I love you, too."