Chapter Fourteen: Your Romance Awaits!

A knock on the door is what awoke you from your peaceful slumber. You opened an eye rather slowly, glaring daggers at the door. Thankfully, it didn't disturb Grillby's sleep. His arms are still wrapped around your torso and you nearly squealed at that moment until another knock was formed.

Grumbling, you slowly wiggled yourself free from his grasp. Shushing him soothingly as he groaned at the warmth he lost. He stilled and calmed, until he was peaceful once more. But you weren't. The knocking grew impatient and you stormed towards the door to pull it open. "What?!" You demanded harshly, only to realize that it was Alphys who was at the door. "Alphys?" You question as you saw visible tears forming at the corner of her eyes. "Oh, nono. Alphys, don't cry. I'm sorry, I'm such a dumdum, I know. It's just—" you groaned as you washed your palm all over your face, "it's been a long day and I'm sorry if I got you worried for not coming to work."

"N-N-No, it's a-alright. T-Toriel informed m-me that y-you might n-not come."

You furrowed your eyebrows at this. "Not to be rude, but if Tori informed you about this," you trailed off, debating whether to continue what you were trying to say, or rephrase it into something nicer. But the look on Alphys’ face told you not to choose the latter. "What're you doing here?"

Alphys fidget in time as you finished asking her the question. You grew even more curios now, to make it even worst for the yellow reptile's situation, you crossed your arms across your chest, shifted your weight from one foot to another then unconsciously gave her a look. "I-I-I, uh, U-Undyne—N-No, S-Sans, we, uh, M-Metta—" she wheezed and you hold your hands out to her and shook her out of her trance.

"Whoa, whoa, Alphys, goodness, relax." You soothed, squeezing her tense shoulders. And thankfully, it softened under your touch. "There we go. Now tell me what you're doing here," before she could even talk in one breath, you quickly added, "calmly."

"C-Calmly, o-of course!" She stammered and took a deep, long inhale. You expected something bad coming from her mouth such as Sans had gone missing, Papyrus actually learned how to cook a proper spaghetti, Undyne becoming a wimp, Asgore crashing into his garden of golden flowers while watering them, or Mettaton running away. Actually, you didn't mind the latter happening, you even wished it was the latter. But it wasn't.

"UNDYNEANDIAREGOINGONADATE!!" She squealed in one breath and you looked at her dumbfounded as she wheezed in front of you. Her face dusted with a pinkish hue, looking flustered, and moreover, she wasn't wearing her lab coat!! She was wearing . . . wearing . . . A BLACK AND WHITE POLKA DRESS?!

Then slowly, what she said started sinking in.

10% of loading. . . .
Undyne.exe

A little more.

40% of loading. . . .
Alphys.zip

We can do a better loading than that, can we?

99% of loading. . . .
Dating.doc

Processing DATA. . . .
00110011100010101
00011101000111010

ERROR! ERROR! ERROR!

RETRIEVING FILE DATA. . . .

DATA FILE RECEIVED.
UndyneAndAlphysAreDating.exe

Your eyes slowly widened. As wide as your eyes could go, your jaw dropped as far as it could as you let out a loud shriek only to have it covered by your own hand. You looked over your shoulder just in time to see Grillby stir from his position, but didn't wake up. You look back at Alphys and shook her aggressively.

"OMGOMGOMGOMG, O-M-G!!!" You whispered harshly at her out of joy, "SINCE WHEN?!" you breathed, blowing a few strands of hair that got in your face for jumping out of glee.

"J-J-Just now. I-I'm actually h-here to t-thank y-you for no-not coming t-to work to-today." Alphys smiled sheepishly. You aww'd at this and gave her a hug.

"I am so proud of the both of you. Enjoy your day, okay?"

Alphys smiled and nodded. Thanking you for your support. "Yeah, you too. Send my regards to Grillby. Hope he gets better soon." You smiled and thanked her kindly.

"I will."

"Yo, Alphys! What's taking you so long?!" A familiar voice shouted and you pushed your reptile friend forward.

"Go on!" You urged, "Your romance awaits!" You teased and she flushed even more at what you said. Giggling, you waved goodbye to your two friends and watched them leave. You noticed the eerie silence that came after that. Cautious now, you stepped out of your room and walked towards the living room. Seeing as there are no Frisk doodling on the color book and no Toriel reading some snail book or story book for Frisk, you were full on suspicious.

"Mom?" You called out, but no one responded. You swallowed a forming lump down your throat. Where could they have gone? You walked to the kitchen to see a note.

But looking at it more carefully, it wasn't Toriel's nor Frisk's handwriting. It was unfamiliar. You plucked the note from the refrigerator, it reads;

you're probably suspicious and cautious now. but you should know that it's pointless. i borrowed tori and the kid for a while so you and my man could get some action burning. on tori's behalf, be good.

sans

At the end of the note, your face had gone red from either complete anger, embarrassment, or maybe even both. You crumpled the paper and threw it in the trash can. You stormed back inside the comfort of your room and engulfed yourself in Grillby's warmth, to which, he was more than happy to shower you with.

"I love you so much, Y/n." He mumbled in his sleep, adding to the reasons why you're entirely red.

Sighing in content, you let yourself melt into his warmth and touch. "I love you more." You whispered, and off you went to Dreamland once again.