Chapter Thirteen: Do We Have Some Meds?

The bed creaked under the weight of something—or someone, at this matter. With your eyes still closed, you expected childish laughter to erupt freely as you continued to drag yourself back to sleep.

But instead of childish giggles and a tiny human bouncing on your bed to wake you up, you felt warm. A soothing and rather comforting warmth wrapped around your body. Then you realized that a pair of arms are wrapped around your waist.

The person snuggled up to you closer, even going far as to bury their face into the crook of your neck. Your eyes immediately snapped open and you were blinded by a familiar orange light. Shining quite brightly. "Grillby," you called rather sternly, but the smile on your face didn't waver. "Why are you here?" You questioned him sleepily, you took notice that he wasn't wearing his work clothing.
But instead, he wore a plain green shirt topped over by a brown leather jacket and a black slacks. You looked over and saw that he wasn't wearing any glasses. He had his eyes closed and you took this chance to take a good look on what they look like without them. So immediately, you turned around, coming face to face with the fire creature. But before he could even open his eyes, he took out his glasses from the pocket of his jacket and wore them.

A pout immediately formed your lips, "Good morning, Y/n." He yawned gracefully, but you couldn't rub off the fact that there was a slight tint of an undertone in his tone.

"You okay?" You asked rather cautiously, your hand finding itself on his forehead. You didn't know why, but you felt as if something was unusual. The warmth he was radiating was unusual. "Are you . . . are you actually burning up?" You questioned sternly.

He just tried to consume a cough and covered it by saying, "No! No." He cleared his throat afterwards, "No. I'm not."

You raised an eyebrow at this and gave him a look. "Then why aren't you at work?" It was silent. Like the first time the two of you met.

"I took the day off." He replied rather wearily, snuggling closer towards you, "You're so warm." He mumbled, his breath hitting your neck, making you shiver in anticipation. But you pushed the thought away before it could even consume you.

"Yeah, and so are you. Why'd you take the day off? That's so . . . unusual." Another moment of seemingly unending silent took over the both of you. And you started to think that he may have fallen asleep. But he didn't.

"Is it . . . unusual . . . to want . . . to spent . . . some time . . . with my . . . girlfriend?" He was struggling now, and it annoys you to see him this vulnerable. He was shivering, for Pete's sake! SHIVERING.

"Oh, for Asgore's sake!" You groaned, pushing yourself from the most comfortable position ever. You threw the blanket over him and pushed him back down on the bed when he tried to get up. "Stay down." You demanded, and he tiredly obliged. "I'm going to get you something to eat. And hopefully some medicine."

You walked towards your door but before you could even leave, he said something that nearly made your heart break. "Promise me you'll come back." You looked over your shoulder to see his glasses on your desk and his eyes closed. He sounded so pleading. So . . . broken.

"Promise." You smiled and left to get some medicine. "Mom?!" You yelled once you were in a good distance from your room.

"Yes, dear?" Toriel calmly replied, her voice coming from the kitchen. You saw Frisk sprawled on the floor with a picture book. They seemed too engrossed in the book to even notice your arrival.

"Do we have some meds?" Toriel peeked through the kitchen with a stern gaze. "Uh, it's for Grillby." Her gaze immediately softened.

"No wonder he looked rather different today. It's inside the medicine cabinet in my room, dear." Nodding, you left to fetch the said medicine in her room.

You saw a cabinet labeled as medicine and you went to open it. But upon opening, you found various medicines labeled as different types for different monsters. You scanned through the seemingly never ending list of monster's medicine only to find the fire empty. "MOM!" You yelled only to slap your mouth shut as you remembered that Grillby was only at the other room.

Thankfully, Toriel came. "Yes, dear?" She spoke in a soft and quiet tone.

"There aren't any fire meds left." You told her, to which she chuckled.

"Oh, little one. I did not put that labels for that meaning. It just states what medicine monsters prefer. Here," she reached out for a medicine labelled as goat. "This would put him at ease."

"And by that you meant take away his fever, right?" You asked dumbfounded. Toriel only cackled an adorable laugh, but left you unanswered. "RIGHT?!" you called out once more, only to hear her laughter getting distant.

You decided to trust your goat mother and went back to your room where Grillby lay. Sleeping rather soundly. Smiling mostly to yourself, you approached the bed gently, and shook your lover awake. He grumbled a few unrecognized words before uttering a short; "Huh?"

"Drink." You ordered with a stern tone. Picking up the glass of water from your night desk and handing over the pill. He drank it without another word and cringed from the bitterness of the medicine. "Now rest." You smirked as he silently obeyed. He lie himself down on the soft mattress of your bed, but didn't close his eyes afterwards.

Making you have a perfectly good look at his neon orange eyes. Blazing its gaze into yours. "Did I ever tell you how wonderful you looked almost everyday I see you off to work?" Your face warned at this sudden compliment and you looked for any sign of being drunk in his eyes, but he only gazed seriously into your eyes. "Did I ever mention how thankful I am the day you became mine?"

It felt as if the sun was rubbing itself off your face by how warm it's getting. "And have I ever—"

"I TOLD YOU TO REST, DAMMIT!" You yelled yet squeaked at the same time, your eyes brimmed itself with tears of embarrassment. Never in your life have you ever been showered with such flowery words. Instead of taking offence, Grillby smiled and stretched out his arms.

"Sleep with me." He slurred rather seductively. Either it was unintentional or not, it made the insects in your stomach erupt into total havoc. Suddenly seeing your nose go red, you buried yourself into his warm chest and let his arms wrap around your torso.

Soon enough, the both of you were sleeping soundly on your own dreams consisting of one another.

🔥•🔥•🔥

Uh, sup?

Uhm, sorry for the late update. But I've ran out of ideas for this chapter.

Hopefully, I'd get my rusty brain on work for the next one. And no, it's not on hold.

But I'll try to come up with ideas for the next chapter as quickly as I can.

And yes, as surprising as it sounds, this book is very well planned. How it's supposed to end, the plot twists, and the MAJOR plot twists.

Hopefully, you'll be here till the end. I should start coming up with a loyalty award soon. "- w -

Well, till that time comes . . . enjoy.

Uh, see ya.