Chapter Twenty-Three: You Coward.

The gigantic thorn vanished once it smashed you to the ground. Grillby immediately scrambled to where you are and dropped himself to where you should be.

He didn't understand—he couldn't . . . how your body wasn't there.

He tried tapping—feeling the ground, hoping—desiring to feel you, hoping that you just turned invisible. But you didn't.

Even Sans, himself, didn't understand what was happening. He regretted letting you go. He regretted leaving you, and seeing the one person he could trust in the Underground looked so devastated—looked so desperate to see—much less feel you again? It made him think like he was a bad person.

Then Grillby's gaze met Sans’. His glasses fell off, letting Sans see the chaos in his eyes. It burnt a passionate neon orange as visible tears of lava formed at the corner of his eyes. Toriel never did stopped screaming as she scrambled to where you were supposed to be. Asgore came and comforted her as Undyne commanded every Royal Guards—including Papyrus—to look for you and the thorn. Alphys, on the other hand, tried her best to remain as calm as collected as she can.

To Sans’ surprise, Grillby stormed to his direction and shoved him harshly to the wall. His face inches from him. "You pathetic monster." He growled each word with utter hatred.

Sans couldn't do anything than look him in the eye as he breathed in rage. "YOU PATHETIC MONSTER!" He yelled, causing everyone to silence and turn their attention to the two. Thankfully, Sans’ little brother wasn't there to witness the entire scene. He'll have to thank Undyne for that later, if he ever gets the chance.

"Grillby," Toriel called as Grillby turned his head to look at Toriel in an agonizingly slow pace, "no." She begged, tears streaming rapidly down her face, and it only angered the man more as he clutch the collar of Sans’ suit. His entire body burned from hatred alone. He could feel it . . . slowly radiating off his body.

"You could've saved her. You have the ability . . . to save her." Grillby growled, each breath exhales a dark smoke. But Sans didn't show ant emotion the moment he spoke. "You should've saved her." He continued nonetheless, his tone cracking as the tears now shamelessly streamed down his face. He searched his friend's eyes for any emotion, but all he see was complete darkness. It was like a void—no . . . it was more like his heart.

Dark and empty.

"Why, Sans?" He asked, his voice cracking at the end, his tone reeks of sadness, then his eyes cleared as a new found rage filled his core, "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE HER?!" he screamed the words at him, but he knew he wasn't talking to the skeleton in front of him. No, not at all.

He was talking to himself. He was talking to his reflection he sees in Sans. "YOU COWARD!!" he cried, the flames on his entire body grew hotter and brighter, willing to break through his clothing. Every monsters were in tears at Grillby's outburst. They had never seen such a sweet, calm, and collected gentlemen like Grillby, himself, to be this frightening when angered.

His knees trembled under the weight he had on his shoulders and soon he loosened his grip on the skeleton as his knees completely betrayed him. He raised his shaking hands, his tears dropping onto them, but turning quickly into smoke as it hit his palm. "You coward," he choked, never once did he blink as he continued to stare at his hands, he could see your blood on them, haunting him. "You could've saved her," he trailed off as he finally buried his face into his palms, "I should've saved her."

Everyone, was indeed, in tears. Even the toughest monster they ever had in the Underground, Undyne, was in tears. Her fists balled tightly as she clenched her jaw. Alphys held meekly into her balled fist, tears streamed endlessly down her face. Everyone was devastated.

Sans, on the other hand, had both of his hands inside the pocket of his slacks. His eyes were dark and void, the usual lazy grin he had on his face seemed to have had a darker aura surrounding it now. "Y/n. . . ." Grillby's agonizing cries and heart wrecking sobs echoed throughout the entire room.

Sans’ shoulders shook as a single stray tear rolled down his face. It hurts to try and stop the tears from falling. It hurts to try and ignore the fact that you're in pain. And it hurts to know that it was all your fault.

These was all the things he had in mind as he watched everyone in the room mourn over their lost—as they mourn over you. You were far most the greatest human to have ever fallen! Even Frisk—

Wait a second . . . where is Frisk?

Sans perked up as he immediately scanned the room. "frisk," he murmured and everyone was alert all of a sudden. Grillby lifted up his head and gaze upon the panicked skeleton. "where is frisk?!" Sans demanded immediately.

"The kid's out with Papyrus and the Royal Guards." Undyne croaked as she wiped a few stray tears, her eyes showed confusion.

"oh, god. oh my god, no!" Sans begged and Grillby's eyes cleared in realization.

"We need to find them." Grillby murmured, "We need to find them NOW!" he demanded as everyone rushed outside the house in search of the missing human child.

Meanwhile, a child-like laughter echoed through the darkness you were held at. Bouncing off the walls and irritating your eardrums. Then, for what seems like forever, it stopped. And spoke. . . .

H A P P Y  V A L E N T I N E ' S  D A Y,
Y/N.

H e e  h e e. . . .

'Coz dis ain't a Flamogedeon story if nothing bad happens!

Aw'right!! Another reason to get killed!

Brilliant.

I swear these kind of imagination would be the death of me.

As you all may not know, I'm experiencing a head-splitting headache while typing this—or trying to type this without gagging. Much less vomiting on my phone.

Anyway, advance Happy Heart's Day to all. 😏

Don't worry, though. I wouldn't leave you guys hanging.

And yes, that means there's a second book.

So, uh, yeah.

See ya.