2.0

Rick sat near the gates of Alexandria. He was tired but he kept watch with Michonne and Gabriel. The moon shined in the night and the atmosphere was calm and quiet. But not for too long.

Rick raised his gun along with Michonne and Gabriel who mimicked his actions. The three saw a man limping towards them, blood soaked his shirt and his face pale and sweaty along with his black hair that was covered in years of grime, sweat and blood. The man smiled and waved at the three as he looked up at the faces of the Alexandrians. The man barely choked out his words.

"You think you can help me out amigos? It would be much abliged."

Rick ran towards the gate and welcomed the man before taking away his weapons and belongings. The raven haired man chuckled and placed a hand on his wound, applying pressure. Rick moved his hand away and lifted his shirt revealing a bullet hole with many scars and tattoos that covered his lean chest and torso. His ragged breaths were heard in the night.

"Like what you see big boy? I don't go that way man. Crazy son of a bitch shot me after I had been running from a herd of those fuckers."

The man took ragged breaths and slowly fell into unconsciousness. He really hoped he wasn't going to get killed. He didn't want to die, not here at least.

Waking up in a room that smelled of lavender and musk, the man saw Rick and Michonne staring him down. "What happened? Where the fuck am I?"

Before he got the chance to sit up Rick punched the man. Blood landed on the white bedsheets, Jack was sporting a split lip. Michonne stepped in front of the man and held up a photo of Amelie's bare body on a bed, smiling like her usual self.

               "Where did you find this?"

Jack laughed and broke out in wheezing coughs. Looking up at the men he smiled showing off his dimpled cheeks and porcelain white teeth. Even in the end of the world the man was still serious of his dental hygiene. "She's my wife. You like her or what?"

Rick cocked his gun and pressed it on the man's forehead. Jack sighed and ran his tongue over his lip.

"Aww come on I thought we were buddies. Don't you know anything about southern hospitality? I would've thought you would given your hillbilly accent. This isn't how you treat your guests."

Rick glared at the man and gripped the gun tighter

                "Whats her name?"

Jack smirked and cooked and eyebrow. "Her name is Amelie. Why do you ask compadre?"

Rick lowered the gun and stared at the ground before looking up at the man. Clenching his jaw the man spat out Amelie's name as if it were some poisonus venom. Jack smiled brightly like a child on christmas and giggled as if he had been told the world's most funniest joke. She was still alive.

"She's alive?! You're clowning. You're not clowning. She really is alive. Where is she? Where's my looney toon?"

Rick nodded his head at the happy man. Jack could see the hatred in his eyes as he spoke about the woman. She must've really gotten under his skin.

"Yeah she's alive. She has a guy named Negan. They killed some of our people. They were good people. If you're gonna get in my way of killing her let me know so I can prevent that."

Jack looked out at the moonlight shining through the window. "He got you too huh?" Rick lowered his gun and cocked his head to the side. "You met him?"
The man nodded his head at the question. "Oh no but I've met his men before. They always try to recruit me. Never works though cause' they die like ten minutes later. It's always the same thing with them "you can be a savior and live like a king" but that's all bullshit. I suppose I'll be upset if you kill her but I guess she deserves to die. Just like how you and I deserve to die. You honestly can't tell me you haven't killed a few people and justified it by saying you did it for your people. But don't worry, I'll be there every step of the way."

Rick stared  at the wall and contemplated his options. He could either kill Jack now or he could use him later to get to Amelie. He chose the latter. It was best to keep him close and better yet alive.

    "You can stay. Get your rest, you've got a busy day tomorrow."

Once he left alone, Jack rose up and walked to the window. He barely looked up at the sky now but whenever he did, he would understand the true power of nature and it's beauty. If he could he'd fly up to the moon with Amelie and live there forever.

"Where are you looney toon? Your Puddin' misses you."