3.6

No more than two hours passed since Amelie had stopped crying, she was now leaning her head against the wall. Looking out through the window. She could hear Negan speak to Gabriel and he looked down at the body.

"Sucks, Gabe, but it looks like we got to risk eating it by eating it." In confusion Gabriel looks at Negan, "I don't understand." Amelie doesn't turn away from the window but she softly speak. "He's talking about going out covered in guts. It's pretty simple." Negan shortly halted his actions and looked back at the woman.

"Yeah. You ever done this trick with the guts before? Mm-hmm."

She could hear the bones cracking as he continued to speak. "These are putrid, decaying organs, dead blood, piss, and shit that have been cooking all day in the Virginian sun. None of your people ever gotten sick from this?"

Gabriel furrowed his brows and curled his mouth in disgust as he saw Negan gutting the walker. "We're from Georgia." The comment only made Negan chuckle, "Look at you lucky shits." Sighing he looked back at Amelie who was alone in the corner. "Hey, go wake up your Casanova. He's gonna have to get all dolled up pretty soon."

Jack didn't know that he had woken up to the sound of flesh squelching and blood splattering onto his face. Instead, he thought it was Amelie making Orange juice in their shared kitchen. Opening his eyes, he saw Amelie. She looked clean, her face wasn't covered in tats and her hair wasn't dyed in cooky colors. He smiled and touched her face, he imagined her smiling at him. Jack laughed as he saw Amelie calling his name and shaking him. The imagery quickly went away as she slapped him. He then saw what truly hid behind the daydream. She was coaxed in thick layers of blood and guys were hanging onto her clothes. It didn't take long for him to realize that he too was covered in blood and guts. The smell of it was brought to almost make him puke but he held it in and brought himself up with the help of Amelie.

She had began to smear large amounts of blood onto his shirt as soon as she had taken off his jacket. The once white shirt was now a dark red, Jack was lifted up with the help of Amelie. As they walked to the door Amelie gave a small kiss to Jack's lips as if it would be the last time they would ever be together. Negan saw this and he couldn't help but feel a little ting of jealousy. Leaning against the wall, he looked at Amelie, Gabriel and Jack as they stood in front of him.

"Let's make some noise." Bringing Lucille up he started pounding onto the door with the help of Gabriel and Jack. Amelie still stayed silent.

"Hey! Aah! Hey!"

The moment they all stepped out, Amelie tightly clutched onto Jack as they both limped their way to the door with Negan and Gabriel hot on their tails. Jack was still semi conscious but nonetheless he managed to walk along with Amelie. It didn't take long for them to get back inside the sanctuary. By that time Jack had now fully regained his conscious and observed the building as he tried to memorize the exits and the entrances for a quick escape route. Coming up the final flight of stairs, they all heard the workers asking where Negan was and if he was dead.
As they approached around the corner they heard gunshots and a woman yelling

"I am Negan! Anyone else want a bullet? Anyone?"

Negan begins whistling before he chuckles, everyone immediately bows down as they see the sight of Negan. Even Gabriel bowed down, but not Jack. "Ah, Regina. Now, why'd you have to go and do that? I am guessing that a lot of you fine folks thought I was dead, chewed up, never to be crapped out again. Well, here's a little refresher on who the hell I am. I wear a leather jacket, I have Lucille, and my nutsack is made of steel. I am not dying until I am damn good and ready. Now, if you'll all excuse me, I am in deep need of a sandwich, a shower, and some of that, uh, wilting lion orchid deep-tissue shit that Frankie learned in San Francisco. Hell, I might do it all at once. But after that, we have some serious business to attend to. Like talking to my right-hand man. You see, we got to figure out how all this could've happened like it happened. And then well, and then we're gonna get back doing what we have always done. We will save people."

Amelie walks up to the newly dead body and looks up at Regina before bringing out her gun and shooting her hand. She then ran up to her and pushed her down onto the floor before throwing bloody punches at her. Getting off of the woman, Amelie turned to face the workers with a smile as she spoke with a peaceful, calm tone. Everyone would have much rather have her yelling at them than calmly talking.

"Now, if you are unconvinced with a particular plan of action that these people come up with, please tell me so. But please do allow me to convince all of you that I will be here for all of your needs. I can assure you that no subject or opinion will ever be taboo," clapping her hands together, she guides the workers downstairs. "I will be right with you in a mere moment to take all of your requests." Amelie turned to Jack and mouthed for him to go with the workers.

A few minutes passed until Amelie's smile turned into a frown. "What in hell were you all thinking? Sending people back down when clearly they are all terrified of what's outside. Come on everybody, there are sick people here, children for fucks sake. Next time shit like this happens you let them stay on the upper floors. You tell them what they want to hear. Understood everyone?"

All workers stayed silent as Amelie glared at each and every one of them. Before leaving she smiled and proceeded to walk down the stairs.

"Good, thought so."