5

Derek's pov

I knew that she looked so familiar. When she talked, that made me jump on the fact that I did know her. That was Shyanne.

I walked back to the table and sat down next to Sam. I looked at Shyanne from across the table.

God damn. She changed by a lot. She looked really fucking good. I see that she doesn't have braces anymore so I guess she's wearing contacts. But her body, it really caught me off guard.

Aw man, I fucked up. I should've never did the things I did back in high school if I had known she would look like this now. Fuck, she must really fucking hate me. Scratch that, I know she fucking hates me.

I just can't take my eyes off of her...

"Derek?" Sammy asked. "Huh?" I said snapping out of my gaze. "What do you want to eat man?" He laughed. I looked over to the waiter who was looking at me, waiting for me to say something.
"Oh lemme get a cheeseburger with fries." I said and he nodded.

Maggie was too busy talking to Hayes, and she didn't really pay attention to Shyanne. I looked at her and she gave me 'the fuck you looking at' face.

I smirked at her expression. My, my, how she changed.
It's really hot if you ask me.

"Hey you wanna go check out that thing over there?" Nate asked her. She gave him a bored look but then nodded.

What?! She's agreeing to have a chat with Nate?

"Excuse me, Derek." Nate asked with a smirk on his face. I clenched my jaw and scooted out the booth. He made his way out and he tried to put his arm around her waist but she slapped his hand away.

"Yo, dude? What's wrong with you?" Sam asked. I looked away from them and looked at him. "Remember ugly Shyanne?" I asked. He nodded and grimaced.
"That bitch was ugly as fuck, man." He laughed. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. God he's stupid.

"That's her." I said pointing over to where Shyanne was with Nate. He stopped laughing and stared at me. "Nah man." He shook his head. "Maggie?" I called. She stopped laughing at what Hayes said.

"What's up?" She cleared her throat. "Where'd you say your friend was from?" I asked. She looked at me weirdly before answering. "Nebraska, why?" I turned to Sam. He gapped. "Oh shit." He covered his mouth in shock. "What? What happened?" Maggie asked.

"Nothing. Sam's just dense." I waved her off. "Hey where'd she go?" Maggie asked. "Over there talking to Nate." Sam leaned over to look. He was in my personal space so I pushed him back. "Damn." He dragged. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh shiiit." He laughed. "Aw man, she done switched up. Fuck, if Nate don't hit that, I sure will." He placed a hand over his chest. I kissed my teeth at him.
"Man what makes you think she'll sleep with a guy like you?" I asked and Sam smirked at me. "I have my ways bro." He winked at me.

Shyanne

"Look, the only reason I came over here was because Maggie is all lost up in Hayes' world." I rolled my eyes. I leaned against the counter. I was kind of hoping to see Cameron, but he's been busy.

"Yeah, okay." He said teasingly and I gave him a look. "Miss Shyanne. Did I tell you how good you look in that dress?" He checked me out. I scoffed at him.
"Did I tell you that you still look like an ass?" I said and he gave me a funny look before his face showed realization.

"Ohhh. Shyanne from high school. No wonder you looked familiar..." He said and looked at me up and down.

"You look good. Really good." He squeezed his chin before staring at me in my face. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Thanks."
I deadpanned. "Well damn lemme talk to you." He laughed. "You are talking to me." I said with a bored look on my face.

"It looks like our food is here." He said pointing behind me. I turn my head around to see the food being placed down. Derek was looking at me and I rolled my eyes. I turn back around to see Nate staring at my chest. "Really?" I asked and he put his hands up in defense.

"Let's go." I say and start walking back to the table. I already know he's staring at my ass, so I don't bother turning around.

We sat down and Maggie looked at me suspiciously. "What?" I whispered. She shook her head. "Later." Was all she said.

~~~~~~
We were back from the diner and now Maggie and I were in our dorm.

"Look," she threw her purse on the bed. "Something's not adding up." She said as she started taking off her shoes.

"What's not adding up?" I asked.

"You." She simply said. I looked at her in confusion. "What do you mean." I put my hair in a messy bun.

"I'm just saying that it seems like the guys know you. They were talking about you like they've known you for quite a while." She says.

"Oh?" I bit my lip.

"Drop it. Just tell me the truth. There's obviously a reason why you lied about not knowing them. If you would just tell me, things will be easier." She said as she sat on my bed.

"Maggie no offense, but I just met you yesterday. When it comes to these guys, there's a lot of bad history and I just don't wanna bring it up right now." I said as I sat down beside her. She looked at me before nodding her head reassuringly.

"I understand. Just when your ready, you can tell me. I won't judge." She said and gave me a hug. I hugged her back equally as tight as she did to me. Thanks for understanding." I said.