23

Shyanne's pov

Don't be a pussy. Just do it. Do it now and get it over with.

I knocked on Cameron's room door. It only took a few seconds for the door to be open. Cameron smiled at the sight of me.

"Hey Shy. What's up?" He said as he stepped over to the side to let me in.

"I just need to tell you something." I breathed. I took a seat on his bed.

It looked like he was studying.

"You look busy, maybe I should come back?"

"No, no please. I'm glad you came." He said as he took a seat next to me. "So what is it that you need to tell me?" He took my hand in his. I looked down at our hands. I didn't feel anything. Now I remember why I'm really here.

"It's about.... us." I said slowly. Cameron furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean? What wrong with us?" He asked.

"I don't... feel?" I tried to get my words together. "I don't feel what we had before. I think it was something I wanted to feel... but didn't." I told him. His whole face held confusion.

"What are you saying?" He asked. He let go of my hands and gave us some space.

"I don't want to be with you anymore. I'm just not in love with you. I don't think I ever was." I said before looking down.

"What? Is- is there someone else?" He stood up.

"What? No." I lied.

All of a sudden he bursted out laughing. I looked up at him in confusion.

Did a say something funny?

"You almost got me." He breathed and wiped away his tears.
"If it's not someone else, then it doesn't make sense. Why do you randomly want to break up?" He bent down to look at me.

"There's no one else. I just don't have feelings for you anymore." I sighed.

He takes in a deep breath before standing up straight.

"You must think I'm stupid or some shit." He said.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"You're trying to leave me for that Derek guy. Oh no, I've got it all figured out." He chuckled.

I got off the bed and started walking towards the door.

"Cameron, were done." I said sternly. I tried opening his door but she shut back forcefully.

"Shyanne, I love you! He doesn't love you! Remember that he's the same guy from high school. You don't need him, you need me." He stepped in front of the door so that I couldn't escape.

"I don't need you." I breathed.

Cameron walked up to me and grabbed my arms, holding my tightly.

"You need me. Only me." He said in a calm tone.

"You're fucking crazy!" I screamed but his response was gripping me even tighter. I opened my mouth and squeezed my eyes shut.
"Stop hurting me!"

"I'm not hurting you! I love you remember? Just stay here." He pleaded. I let go of me and I gasped in pain. I held my arms.
"I can't do this anymore." I cried.

"You can't leave me, okay? I'll make sure no one hurts you." He walked closer to me. "Are you fucking crazy?" I yelled at him.

"No. But I'm crazy for you. If you leave me, fine. But no one else gets to have you." He said sternly.
"That Derek will be hurt if I see you talking to him. I'm done playing nice here Shyanne. It's for the best." He explained.

I put my head in my hands.

No matter where I go...

"Just let me out of here." I looked at him through my lashes.

"Let's keep this between us." He said before opening the door.

That's it. I've made my decision.
~~~~~~~
I grabbed my suitcase and unzipped it.

"I'm so done." I said to myself.

I angrily grabbed my things and started shoving them into my suitcase.

"Shyanne, what the fuck?"

"Just leave me alone Maggie! I'm fucking done!" I yelled at her.
She had shock and confusion all over her face. I turned away from her and continued shoving my things into the bag.

"What the hell happened? What the fuck? Stop!" She took my wrists in hers. I roughly pulled them away.

"He will never let me go! Cameron will never let me go! If I stay here and he sees me with Derek he'll...I can't stay here. This is way too much. I'm going home." I told her as I cried.

"You can't go! Not back home! You're uncle is there, please don't." She begged.

"No Maggie I'm leaving. Yes the same problem is at home but at least I won't have to do school work too." I sniffed.

"Let me get Derek!" She said.
I groaned. "No. Don't get him. It's better if I just leave." I said as I went into the bathroom to get my toiletries.

"You're making a mistake! Please! Shyanne listen to yourself." She walked in after me.

I brushed passed her and shoved them in also.

"You don't understand." I stopped packing and leaned over on my bed. "I came... all the way over here to get away. Get away from everything at home. Away from everyone. But the same problems and same people followed me here. No matter where I go, the same shit happens. The only difference with this time is there is a shit load of college work to do." I looked at her.

"Everything is stressing me out."
I said in a low voice. "I can't take this anymore."

"If you leave I'm coming with you. You're not going back to where used to live you're going to live with me." She said. I scoffed and shook my head at her.

"Stop, Maggie. Don't ruin your future because of some depressed, stressed-out girl. Don't do it. You stay here." I turned away from here.

"You're my best friend. I'm willing to risk that." I hear her say.

"No, I need to be alone. I want to be alone." I said before zipping my bag up.

"This is crazy! We can go to the police! This is harassment!" She yelled.

"I'm not going to the police, Maggie." I sighed.

"It's like you don't want to be helped." I hear Maggie scoff.
"Maybe I don't." I said.

"What's wrong with you? I am trying to help you! You can't go." She pleaded.

"Bye Maggie." I said as I put the suitcase on the floor. I grabbed my phone and charger.
"You're a great friend, don't get me wrong. But this is for the best." I told her before walking out.

"If you loved Derek, you'd stay. " She walked out after me.
I looked at her with pain. "If I didn't love Derek I'd stay. He's the reason why I'm leaving." I said before I continued to walk away.

I took a deep breath. I feel like I was doing something right.

I just hope I don't bump into Cameron.

I walked into the elevator and pressed the last floor.

I guess you can call me a dropout...

The doors closed. I sighed and leaned my head back.
The doors opened again but this time they reveal Derek.

He was the last person I wanted to see.