9

Derek's pov

"Oh my god, what the hell are you doing?" Maggie yelled. She rushed over to Shyanne and helped her stand up.

"Maggie, I swear I wasn't going to do anything with her. She's wasted! Cameron brought her here and he's not even bothered that she isn't in his sight, so I'm here looking after her." I explained as Maggie picked up Shyanne's clothes.

"I believe you, all the way. I was looking for her but I couldn't find her. Thank god you were here. I rather see you in here than some stranger. Just don't tell her I said that." She told me.

"Don't tell who what? My mom? I agree, let's not tell her." Shyanne shushed herself before giggling. "I don't wanna stand anymore." She said before laying back down on the floor. Maggie was shaking her to wake her up but she was knocked out.

"She wouldn't let me talk to her so how could I?" I rubbed the back of my neck.  "I don't blame her for not wanting to talk to you. Look, I don't know what you specifically did to her in the past but it fucked her up." She looked up at me and stood up again. "She doesn't know that I see things even if she doesn't tell me. I know for sure that the scars on her body didn't magically happen." When she said that I held my breath.

Guilt. That's all I felt because her actions were because of me. I just know it.

"Anyways, help me get her out of here." She put her hand on her hips. I nodded and walked over to pick Shyanne up. Carrying her bridal style, Maggie led the way out.
~~~~~~
"Thanks for helping me get her here." Maggie said as she removed Shyanne's shoes from her feet. Shyanne was still sleeping, but at least she was in her bed.

"Where are you going?" I asked. "Back to the party. Derek she's fine." She waved me off. "Are you coming back to the party or what?" She asked. I just shook my head. "Nah, imma just go to my room and call it a night." I said.

She nodded slowly. "Alright. Well Ill see you tomorrow. Don't do anything stupid." She said before she exited the room.

I sighed loudly and rubbed my face in my hands. I looked over at Shyanne who was shuffling in her bed. Then there was sniffling. Oh god. She's an emotional drunk.

I walked up to her and her quiet sobs were more clear. Well shit, I though she was sleeping!

"Don't uh, cry." I patted her head.

She scooted over and patted the space next to her. "I don't think that a good idea." I whispered. "Just go back to sleep." I spoke softly.
"Just come here. I won't tell anyone." She said sleepily.

I bit my lip, contemplating on whether I should or shouldn't. I then shrugged. She won't remember, plus whatever makes her sleep faster.

I took off my shoes and slid in the bed with her. She rested her head on my chest and curled into me. Oh wow.

"Don't tell anyone this okay?" She said. "Okay." I said softly.

"You look like this guy I know." She started. "But you're way nicer. You wouldn't tell me mean things that would hurt me." She spoke into my chest.

"No I wouldn't." I told her. "But I'm sure he didn't mean anything he said." I licked my lips.

"He hates me and I hate him." She shrugged sloppily.

"He doesn't hate you. He could never hate you." I said. I know the things I said were hurtful but I never hated her. I was just being an idiot.

"Then why would he tell me those things?"

"Because he was afraid of his own feelings. Afraid of telling her how he really felt." I said. I'm guessing she went back to sleep because she didn't reply.

"I'm sorry. I just hope that one day you will forgive me."