14

The next day . . .

Derek's pov

I couldn't sleep last night. After Maggie came into my room and told me what Shyanne was going though... I now know I made it worst for her.

Why did I do those things? Why did I tease her? Why did I hurt her? And for what? Because I was bored?

Going to class, I couldn't focus because lack of sleep. Also Shyanne was my mind. I remembered how she looked at me when she woke up.

Disgusted? Hatred? It was definitely both. I don't blame her either.

I know there's nothing I could do to make her like me. But even though I've done bad things, I don't want her to hate me. I sound crazy but, I want her to like me. It's mission impossible but I will do anything in my will power.

The bell rang and I gathered my things.

I'm gonna do something nice for once. Girls like flowers right?

Shyanne's pov

"Shyanne." My teacher stopped me from heading to my next class.
"I'll wait." Cameron said but I shook my head. "No it's okay, go. I don't want you to be late." I put my hand on his shoulder. He nodded and pecked my cheek. "I'll see you later." He said before walking away.

I walked up to his desk.
"You're not doing so well in my class and I'm concerned. This isn't my first time telling you that you're a bright student." He said.

"How? I'm doing all the work. I even made up the work I missed." I furrowed my eyebrows. He shrugged. "It says here that you're missing a few things." He points to his computer. "You do know that the rule here is if you fail a class on the first marking period, you will get booted." He says as I run my fingers through my hair.

"Can you tell me what I'm missing? How can I make it up?" I asked. He closes the computer and stands up. He walks over to me and I stand up straighter.
"How can you make it up?" He repeats my question. I nod.

"Meet me back here to talk about it. I don't want you to be any more late." He stared at me. I suddenly felt uncomfortable under his stare.

"Okay." I said, a little above a whisper. He smiled and leaned against his desk. "You may go." He said and I nodded before leaving. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.
~~~~~~~~
"Yeah and then after class we made out for about ten minutes! My lips were swollen and so were his. It only made me want to kiss him even more." Maggie ranted about her and Hayes. I pretended like I was interested by nodding and smiling.

We were heading back to our dorm. As we got closer to our room, I see a bouquet of pink roses on the floor. Maggie picks it up and reads the little card. She smirks and then hands them to me. "It's for you." She says while handing them to me.

I take them. "For me?" I asked and I looked at the card. Someone wrote my name on it. "They're so pretty." I smiled before sniffing them. "Does it tell you who it's from anywhere?" Maggie asked.
I searched the card then shook my head. "So then you have a secret admirer." She joked as she opened the door.

I rolled my eyes at her. "I do not. They're probably from Cameron. How sweet." I said as I placed them on my dresser.

"Yeah um," Maggie started. I turned to look at her. "I'm hanging out with Hayes in a few. You'll be find here by yourself right?" She asked. "Yeah! I'll be fine." I waved her off. "Just promise to have fun. And maybe tell him the truth." I said the last part quickly.

"Shyanne I told you before, when the time is right. I don't want to ruin his relationship with one of his friends. I don't want to lose him myself." She said as she say sat on her bed.

"The longer you wait, the harder it's gonna get." I tell her.

She doesn't reply, just nods.

"Anyways, I have to make work up for my teacher. I'm failing." I say.
"Yikes. You know the rule right?" She asked and I nodded. "Yeah that's why I'm going." I said.

"Okay. You should put those in water." She said, pointing towards the flowers. "Do that for me please? I'm heading out now." I said.

"Yes ma'am." She salutes me and a laugh, shaking my head at her.
"I'll see you later." I say before walking out.

I puff and walk alway back to campus.

It takes me about fifteen minutes to get to his class. I knock on the door. He waved his hand, telling me to come in. I open the door and close it behind me. "I'm here." I say. He stops typing and looks at me.

He gets up. "Ready to work?" He asks while stepping in front of me. I just nod. He tucks some of my hair behind my ear. I'm confused by his action. He then rested his hand on my cheek, moving down to my lips. I pull away, shocked.
"W-What are you doing?" I step back.

"I'm helping you pass." He answered before stepping up to me again.

"I don't want this if this is what you mean." I say before trying to walk away. He grabs my wrist which stops me.

"Mr. Blair, please." I begged.

"If you fail, you go home. Do you really want to go back home?" He asked. His question hit me hard.
Do I really want to go back home? With my uncle still there?

"I can find another way." I shook my head. He then pulls me towards him.

"But my way is so much easier." He makes me lean on his desk.
I'm trapped between his legs.
Why is this forty year old man trying to sleep with me?

I push him back. "I'm switching classes!" I yell but he grabs my face. A memory of my uncle flashes though my mind and I tear up.

"Your not gonna do that." He orders. "Your gonna give me what I want, and I'm gonna make sure you pass. It's a great deal." He leans closer to my face. "A deal that I don't want." I say and push him, but he doesn't budge.

"Well I guess you're end of the deal won't happen." He said as he unbuckled his belt. My eyes widen and I start hitting him as hard as I could. He pushed me down roughly. I start screaming but he covers my mouth with his hand.

"Stop making this harder." He growled. He tries pulling my pants down but he's suddenly ripped off of me.