Prologue

Copyright © 2017 aestheticallydun All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, receding or other electronic or mechanical methods without prior written permission of the publisher.
———————————————————————————

P R O L O G U E

    "Rayna why aren't you playing with the other kids?" Luna Madley spoke as she watched carefully over the little kids who were running and laughing with each other.

"I don't want to." Rayna said as she dug into the dirt with the point of her shoes, not looking at her mother.

"Ah, I see. Let me guess, you would much rather be over there with your father." Luna Madley looked over at her husband, the alpha of the pack as he was training his warriors.

Rayna nodded, "I know I'm only 12 but I want to learn how to fight mother," Rayna looked at her father with awe as she watched him train her older brother, "I don't want to play with those kids, I want to learn how to fight and be strong."

Luna Madley only sighed. "Rayna I understand your desires but why my dear? Why would you want to risk your life and fight instead of making friends and finding your mate?"

"Who says I won't find my mate while fighting mother? I understand that I will never be the leader of this pack but who says I cannot fight for it? These soon will be my people along with my brother's. I want to help them, protect them." Rayna continued to watch her father and brother.

"My beautiful Rayna," her mother started as she cupped her cheek "so much selflessness for such a young girl," Luna Madley smiled down at her daughter.

As Rayna was about to speak, screams ripped through the air.

A panicked look spread across her mother's face. "Rayna come on!" Her mom shouted as she grabbed Rayna's hand and started to run inside the pack house with her.

"Mother I don't understand, where are we going? What is happening?" Rayna said, panicked.

Her mother ignored her and ran through the pack house until she stopped at a wall, from there she pushed on a part of the wall where it opened into a very small room where her brother already was.

Her mother put her in the room before speaking, "My dear children," she spoke hurriedly, cupping both of their faces, "I love you very much and I do not want you coming out no matter what, not until I say."

They both nodded, tears running down their faces.

"Stay strong." Luna Madley spoke before shutting the passage.

---

    The siblings stayed crowded in the small room for what seemed like hours. Throughout the time they heard screams of their pack and the enemy. Finally, everything went silent.

"Do you think it's over? Her brother, Alec finally spoke, breaking the silence.

"I don't know, mother hasn't came for us yet so it can't be." Rayna whispered to her brother.

"Rayna I think we should go out there," he said as he opened the door.

"Alec! Mother said to wait!" A panicked Rayna started but before she could stop him, he ran out.

Rayna follow hot in pursuit after her brother, finally he stopped when he made it outside, and she stopped next to him.

"Oh my god," Alec said in horror as he looked around, all of their pack had been slaughtered.

Rayna stayed silent as she took in the scene, tears flowing down her face. "Who would do something like this? Why to us? What did we ever do?" She demanded to no one in particular.

"We should split and look for mom and dad Rayna, if they aren't here then they may still be alive," Rayna nodded not thinking that the enemy may still be here.

Her brother went left and she went right, looking over the bodies of her pack in hopes that her family wasn't in them.

Rayna's hopes were quickly shattered when she saw her mother's sundress in the sea of bodies, her eyes still open but glazed over. What hurt even worse was who was next to her in wolf form, her father with a hole in his chest where his heart should've been.

Her vision was going blurry with tears as she stood there.

I found them she spoke to her brother through the link.

Are they okay? Her brother replied, not sounding hopeful.

No, they aren't okay. They're dead Alec.
Rayna snapped. She didn't know how to react, her mother and father, her whole back had been killed mercilessly and for what?

"Let go of me!" She heard her brother scream in the distance.

Her head whipped that direction before she ran, she could tell Alec was in danger. "Alec!" She shouted as she ran towards him.

What are you going to do Rayna? Her wolf Brynn started,

Whatever killed our pack is obviously a strong force. What can we do if your brother is in danger?

"Do you think I care Brynn? He is the only family I have left! I will not run and hide while he is in danger!" Rayna snapped at her.

Her wolf stayed silent after that.

Closing in on her brother she saw a tall man with a strong build looming over him.

"You reek of dog and power," the mystery man spit out at her brother.

Rayna stopped where she was, less than fifty feet away from her brother and the man, when Alec shot her a glance before speaking in the mind link.

Go Rayna, run away. Please. He spoke before eyeing the man again.

I can't leave you! You're all I have left Alec. She pleaded with him.

If you don't leave not only will I die, but you will too. I can't have that happen.

Rayna was conflicted, this was her brother, her only family left, all she had left.

"I know what you are," her brother spat at the man, "Why our pack? What did we ever do to you?"

The man now grasped Alec by his throats and lifted him up, a sick smile creeping on his face.

"A war is starting young man, your pack was a threat to our kind," he said as he squeezed tighter on his neck.

Rayna leave! Her brother yelled with such ferocity.

With tears streaming down her face, Rayna turned on her heel and ran into the woods.

I will avenge you and our parents was the last thing Rayna ever said to her brother.

Word Count:
1115
———————————————————————————
AN:
I hope you guys enjoy this book and remember to vote if you do!