Chapter Twelve: New Connections

C H A P T E R  T W E L V E:
N E W  C O N N E C T I O N S

When I wake up, I feel extremely warm. Trying to get out of the bed I realize I can't. Wrapped around me are Aaron's arms.

Memories from last night return and I reach up to feel my neck where his mark was. Tingles erupt when I touch it causing me to gasp.

"Morning." I hear Aaron mumble as he unwraps his arms from me.

Taking this chance, I crawl out of bed and stretch. "Morning."

Looking over my shoulder at him, I see he's smiling. "What?" I ask him, a smile of my own spreading.

"Does there have to be a reason behind me smiling at my beautiful mate?" He replies as he brushes a piece of his messy hair out of his eyes.

Rolling my eyes at him and trying to mask the blush that's on my face, I make my way to the bathroom. Looking at myself in the mirror, I had no idea how Aaron thought I looked nice. My hair resembled a birds nest and my makeup was smeared all over my face. I also realize that I am naked and grab a tank top and shorts that had been left in here by me at some point.

After that I clean all the makeup off of my face and brush out my rats nest of hair before hopping into the shower to remove any excess makeup.

When I get out of the shower I wrap a towel around my body and sit on the toilet, taking time to think about everything.

Aaron and I were now officially mates. Everything between us would change. Out feelings would be stronger, the bond would be stronger, and we could communicate between the mate link, something that formed when you completed the bond.

Along with that we still had the hybrids to deal with. Where were they hiding? Why were packs going missing? Could we even win this? I ran my hands through my wet and tangled hair, sighing in the process.

Getting up I make my way over to the vanity and wipe the haze from my hot shower off the mirror. Now that I'm clean and my hair isn't covering my neck, I can see the mark clear as day. Did I want to show my people this?

If I was ready do complete the bond then I am ready to show my pack, I decide. With that thought in mind I brush out my hair and throw it up in a ponytail.

With my towel still wrapped around me, I make my way back out into his room. He's causally sitting in the chair by the window and looking out it. Hearing me come out, he removes his gaze from outside and focuses it on me.

"Are you keeping your hair up today?" He questions and I nod. Suddenly an overwhelming sense of happiness consumes my feelings, Aaron. "Someone's happy." I mutter, not being able to stop the smile on my face.

He gets up from the chair, taking big strides until he's right in front of me. "I never thought I'd find my mate, and after finding out it was you, I was sure you would never accept me. And now you're mine and I am yours. I will always protect you Rayna, I promise." With that he leans down and plants a kiss on my head. Leaving me slightly dumbfounded and in a blissful haze. "I'm going outside, I need to discuss something with Alec. I hope I see you soon."

I'm left standing in the middle of the room, happiness running through my veins. I never knew how mates made you feel, only read about the unbreakable connection. It was intense, wonderful, and downright terrifying all at the same time.