Chapter Nine: Breaking Down Walls

C H A P T E R  N I N E:
B R E A K I N G D O W N W A L L S

I woke up to sunlight blinding my eyes. Even though the window in Aaron's room had curtains, he left them open last night.

Looking over to the couch, I see that Aaron is no longer there. However I do notice my suitcase next to it with a note attached.

Morning Rayna, hope you slept well. I had to wake up early to deal with everything from last night. I had someone drop off of your things, feel free to take a shower or make yourself some breakfast. See you around.
-Aaron

I put the note back down and picked out some clothes. With everything going on, I figured we wouldn't be training today so I chose something that would be cute and comfy.

Finally I picked out a plain peach colored and loose fitting long sleeve shirt with a black bralette under it matched with ripped, black jeans and white converse. For my hair I did a simple half bun.

After getting ready I looked at the clock on my phone and saw it was only 9:30. I decided I wanted to call Tori and see how everything was back home along with inform her I wouldn't be returning in a weeks time.

I took out my phone and called her. On the third ring, she picked up. "I didn't expect to see you calling? Everything okay?"

I smiled. "You're always thinking something's wrong."

She laughed on the other end. "That's because usually when you go away somewhere you never call me unless it's an emergency! I'm always the one to call you."

"It's not an emergency but it's not good news either." I began. "Yesterday we were attacked, and you're not going to believe who by. I'm pretty sure it was the same guy who was there with you."

I paused. "You're kidding?"

"Definitely not kidding, and to make it worse, some kid was helping him with the killings, I think he was one of the people taken from their pack. I don't know how many people are dead, Aaron didn't tell me anything last night but I don't think he knew either." I walked over to the window, looking out at everyone milling around.

"Wait hold on." She interrupted me. "Since when did you start calling the King by his first name?"

"Are you serious Tori? Out of everything I just said is that the only thing you picked up on?"

"Of course not! But last time the King was mentioned around you, you looked like you wanted to rip someone's head off."

I sighed. "There's a lot I need to fill you in on, but not right now."

Tori scoffed. "Um yes right now. You've been gone for three weeks now and when we talked yesterday you barely told me anything."

"Tori.." I started.

"Don't Tori me! I demand you tell me everything that has happened within the time you've been gone this instant."

If anyone else in my pack would've talked to me like that, I would've had them regretting it very quickly. But this was Tori, my best friend, she knew she could talk to me like this and get away with it.