Chapter Seven: Phone Calls

C H A P T E R S E V E N:
P H O N E C A L L S

A few days had passed since Shea's death and the deal I had made with Aaron. He had held up to his word, and there were guards following the boy, whose name we had found out was Carver after he remembered. After he seemed like he was healthy, the nurses who were watching him decided it was okay that he was allowed outside. I didn't agree with this.

Alec had been MIA since then, only showing up for Shea's funeral which was held the night after her death. Even then, he didn't say any words about her, just stood in the very back watching.

Currently, I was watching over my pack with Micheal as they fought while Aaron fought with a few of his. My wolf was ogling Aaron and his naked chest and a small feeling of lust was sitting in my stomach. He was only in a pair of shorts and trainers. I snapped out of my haze and focused on watching my pack. Both packs had improved, his more so since my pack was slightly advanced in their training.

My eyes had drifted from the trainers to Carver, who was sitting against a tree throwing a baseball up in the air and catching it.

Over the days, he had said he started to remember things, such as his name along with a woman and a man who we all presumed were his parents. He said he couldn't remember their faces, just voices and outlines of silhouettes. Carver still continued to say he didn't remember how he got hurt, whether he was a werewolf or not and how he got here.

"I don't trust him either." Micheal spoke up from my side. "Something just feels off with him, yah know?" I nodded my head at him.

"I mean, a kid just doesn't come out of nowhere, be found near a dead body along with wounds of his own, heal faster than any known supernatural creature, and not be able to remember anything of his previous life or how he ended up here."

He paused at looked at Carver who was still tossing and catching the baseball. "There has to be more to this, to him, there just has to be."

Before I could respond, I feel a buzzing in my pocket from my phone. Taking it out, I see that Tori is calling.

I had told her to call if there was an emergency or to check up, I was hoping she was calling for the second option.

"Tori?" I say as I answer the phone.

"Rayna! I'm surprised you answered, thought you'd be too busy training with everyone."

I sigh in relief, just to check up. "I'm watching over everybody right now." I answer her as I look at everyone that was training. They had stopped and were chatting or drinking water, training was done for the day.

"And now everyone is done."

"That's cool, but I didn't just call to fill you in about something that happened a few days ago, I mean it's all good now we took care of it but you should know since this is your pack and all and I told you I would keep you upda-"

"Tori!" I cut her off, I knew she rambled when she was nervous.

She sighed before answering me. "We were attacked earlier today, fifteen men were killed. I don't know how they found us but they did."

She stopped talking, as if waiting for me to say something.

"Why didn't you call sooner? Who attacked you?"

"I'm so sorry, I would've but I was dealing with all the injured and making sure we were safe. On the topic of who it was, I don't know, there was only four of them though."

At this, I grew slightly angry. "You're telling me, four rouges not only found our territory but killed fifteen men? How the hell did that happen?"