Chapter Eleven: Dinner Dates

C H A P T E R E L E V E N:
D I N N E R  D A T E S

I stayed in Aaron's room for the rest of the day. A few times a lady came in with food; I barely touched it. Even though I looked and felt much better, my  appetite wasn't there.

Aaron never came back in to check on me, but I didn't mind. It gave me time to think about the rushed decision I made, and I was starting to go back on it.

We had another month until heat would return, why rush something like that into one night.

Part of my change in decision was because I was still terrified at the idea of a mate, someone who was meant to be your other half. When Aaron marked me, we would be connected in a whole other way. We would feel what the other was feeling, know what they were thinking; that terrified me. I would also be having sex for the first time, how would that even go?

I sigh and push all those thoughts to the side. Looking outside, the sun was setting. Currently I was sitting in a chair in Aaron's room reading a book.

Hearing approaching footsteps, heavier than the girl who keeps bringing me food, I tear my attention away from the book.

A few seconds later, the door swings open and Aaron's walks in. "You haven't eaten." He remarks upon seeing the trays of food sitting on a table.

I shrug, going back to my book. "Wasn't hungry."

I stay silent as I hear him come closer to me. Suddenly, Aaron is snatching my book out of my hands.

"Hey! I was reading that." Looking up, I glare at him.

"Was. Now you aren't." He looks me up and down, before turning and leaving the room.

Confused at his odd behavior, I stay in the seat looking at the door. A minute later, he's back in the room holding several dresses.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "Where did you get those?"

"Stole them from my sisters closet. You two are about the same size." He places them out on the bed.

Getting up from the chair I walk over to look at them. Some were long and flowed while others were short and seemed tight fitting.

"I want to take you out on that date we never got." He said as he walked up behind me, loosely resting him arms around my waist.

"What about the pack?"

"They'll be fine Rayna. We need a night for ourselves after everything we've been through."

I smile softly, going on a date sounded nice even with all the misfortunate events occurring.

"Where are we going?"

He pulls away from me and I turn to look back at him, a grin on his face.

"Secret."

    I ended up picking out long, glittering gold dress that had a slit up the side of the leg and clung to my body until my knees where it then flowed behind me a bit.

My whole body jittered with excitement at a date with Aaron as I got ready for the evening's events, stupid mate bond.

About half an hour later, after I had curled my hair and applied some makeup, Aaron walked in wearing a suit.