Chapter Two: War is Starting

C H A P T E R  T W O:
W A R  I S  S T A R T I N G
Tori and Micheal are in the picture above

He made a move to come near me but Tori put her hand on his chest and my people became high on alert.

"Back down!" I commanded them but Tori kept her hand on his chest.

"Tori," I warned her, "this man is not a threat. Please take your hand off of his chest."

Slowly she did as I asked and Alec rushed towards me, when he reached me, I was engulfed in a hug.

"I can't believe this," he mumbled, "I thought you were dead.

I didn't hug him back, just stood their limply. "I thought you were dead." I said as I stepped back a bit causing him to let go of me and putting distance between us.

"I think we have a lot to catch up on." He said with a large smile on his face.

"I do not think we do actually," I said, no emotion in my voice. "How did you find us and why are you here?" I said coldly.

He looked hurt at my reaction but ignored my tone. "A few days ago, we sent out three men to see if they could find the mysterious pack in the mountains, we heard word early this morning they had."

At this my eyes became slits and anger contorted my face. "You sent spies?" I demanded. "Why?"

"Rayna calm down, they weren't going to attack, we just needed to know if this pack was real."

I let out a forced laugh. "So you thought sending spies here was the right idea? Are you an idiot?" I was beyond angry.

My brother, who I thought was dead, turns up alive and he wasn't here because he thought I was, no. He needed help from my pack.

"You know I thought you were dead?" I snapped. "Nine years I thought you were dead and you weren't? Did you not think I was alive? Did you not care about me?" I was walking towards him.

"I thought you were here for me, you heard word that I was in charge and came to see if it was true, but no. You came here, hoping this pack was real and wanting help?" At this point I was inches away from him.

"Our link had faded and I couldn't feel you, so yes I gave up looking for you and believed you were dead." He said.

I sighed and rubbed my temples at this, I wasn't going to have this conversation in front of all my people. "Follow me."

Micheal, Tori, his pack and myself all made our way to  the map room to talk.

"Who sent you?" I started with.

"The King." He said in a monotone voice.

"Why would the king out of all people send you here?" I continued.

"We need some of your men."

"How many and why?" What they were asking was ridiculous and I would never agree to give them any, but I would hear them out.

This time another man spoke up. He had a strong build, the strongest out of the group, probably the third in command.

"We want at least half of what you have because the vampires are starting another war, only this time they are getting help from witches." He finished.

At this I straightened up and locked eyes with my brother before letting out a small, angry laugh under my breath. How rude they are to come in here demanding at least half of my pack.