Chapter Four: Let's Bet On It

C H A P T E R  F O U R:
L E T S  B E T  O N  I T
Valentina is above in the picture

"Alpha Chase, meet Rayna. My sister and the leader of the mountain men." He lets out a small laugh at what he called us.

I didn't think it was funny. Nothing about the current situation was funny. I had just found my mate and it so happened to be the King, great.

This is great we found our mate! Go over there and make out with him already! Oh my godess he's so hot! Fighting Brynn back was harder than I thought, she just wanted to jump his bones. That's the problem with wolves and mates, they don't think logically, they just want to claim their other half.

"I need to speak with you alone about the current situation." He never took his eyes off of me.

"Alone? I think my Third in Command should come along, as he does help me manage the warriors."

His jaw clenched and he now had authority in his voice. "I agree, but there are some things I need to discuss with you and only you. I will not ask again."

I rolled my eyes at him, deciding on not making a scene, before getting out of the fighting area and following him inside the house.

We walked into a large office and he shut the door behind him, then proceeded to sit behind his desk.

"Sit." He motioned to a chair across from the desk. I walked over and sat down, feeling very uncomfortable under his gaze.

"How many men did you bring with you?" He started.

"One hundred fifty."

"Are they all your best warriors?"

"No, I brought an equal amount of strong and weak, I needed strong ones to stay behind and watch over the pack in case there was an attack."

He looked confused. "Why would you bring weak men into a war?"

I scoffed. "Because my weakest man could take down your strongest."

He laughed. "You underestimate my pack."

"Not at all, I just know that my pack is stronger."

He had a playful smirk on his face and he leaned forward on the table. "Then let's make a deal. If your weakest warrior can take down my strongest then you'll get something, if my strongest takes down your weakest, I get something."

A smile danced on my lips, my wolf and I loved a good challenge. "And what would we be playing for?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you want?"

My smile grew bigger. "If I win, I get to be in charge of your men for the war, meaning I can order them to do what I want and train them how I want."

His smile fell. "So what you're saying is you want to be the Alpha?"

I nodded my head. "Indeed."

He sat back in his chair and thought about it. "Okay, but if I win. I get to mark you."

I just looked at him, wide eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't have a thing against mates, I just never thought about it.

If he marked me what would happen? Would my warriors have to move in with him and abandon our home? That would never happen, I wouldn't let it. I worked hard to get there and I wasn't going to let it be taken away by some mark on my neck. Maybe I could reject him.