Chapter One: Familiar Faces

C H A P T E R O N E:
F A M I L I A R F A C E S
Rayna is in the picture above

Nine years later...

A knock came at my door and I was quickly up. "Come in." I spoke before stretching.

"Rayna, I hope you realize what time it is," my third in command Micheal said, "you missed the pack training."

I sighed as I got out of bed. "Then I hope you took it upon yourself to train them, I didn't sleep well last night."

"Indeed I did," he started "we recruited some new members.

"How many?" I went through my closet as I spoke, deciding on black leggings and a loose fitting gray shirt.

"Only three, and they need work." He finished.

My pack had over three hundred and fifty men and woman, we were one of the largest, but we were only a myth to others because nobody knew the location of it and anybody who found us either joined or was killed. We were strong, the strongest pack by far, not even the king's pack was as strong.

I sighed at his comment, "Any rouge needs work Micheal."

I put my hair up in a ponytail and walked to the kitchen with him close behind. Micheal was one of my friends, but the word friend for me means that I occasionally chat about things other than the pack with them.

I wasn't close or nice with anybody except my beta Tori, I saw it as a weakness. You get close to someone, an enemy could use them against you. If you were nice to someone, they may think that they can walk all over you or use you. So I ruled this with an iron fist.

Heads bowed and conversations fell silent as I entered the kitchen. I had that power, to them I was their alpha.

You may be thinking, a girl as an alpha? How did that happen? I worked for it. After my family's death I vowed to find out what killed them and seek revenge. Turns out, vampires were the cause.

After I ran like my brother told me to, I ended up in another pack, a stronger pack who had heard about the incident. The alpha took me in. I demanded on learning how to fight and he agreed on helping me. His third in command would train me personally until I was fourteen and old enough to join the classes they had.

I didn't stay much longer after that, only a month. I had learned all I could there but still wanted to know more, to be stronger and quicker. So, I packed what little belongings I had and ran.

I was on my own for almost two years, which helped me more than I could've imagined. I was a rouge which was despised to other packs. It helped me not only become extremely agile but strong and independent. Brynn, my wolf,  also helped me with training and strength.

Then I stumbled upon Micheal and his group of friends who were becoming a pack. At this point I was only sixteen but stronger than most. I had scars already, from battles with rouges and wolves whose packs I had stepped on who were vicious and savage.

Micheal hated me at first, wanted to kill me. Then he saw my potential and let me join his band of rouges.

Within the year we had found an abandoned and falling apart castle. We quickly moved in, fixed it up and started growing to where we are.