Chapter 13: Reinforcements

C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N:
R E I N F O R C E M E N T S

    Within ten minutes of leaving my brother and Elliot to plan a meeting, my phone call is complete and my plan seems to be in full swing.

In two days, I would return to my pack to give them the news. The news that we were officially going to war and needed all the help we could get.

My heart was pounding like a drum in my chest. What I was doing was taking a huge, and very dangerous, risk. Putting hundreds of lives on the line to try and end this disaster.

I decided that I would ask Aaron if he knew of any Seers. Seers were powerful, able to see the past and future, along with memories. We needed one desperately right now, Carver was refusing to talk and we were running out of time.

"There's one a couple of packs over, I can make some calls here in a few, just let me finish this." He said as I walked into his office. He had papers and files sprawled all over his desk.

"What are you doing?" I question as I make my way to his side.

He lets out a sigh before he starts to re-organize the papers. "Going back and looking at all of the people that have been taken. I'm trying to find any connection to them to see if there's a pattern, but haven't had any luck."

I can feel his stress and frustration through the bond. "Hey, let's go take a break. You can make that call later." Grabbing his hand off of the desk, I gently pull him towards me.

He turns his attention towards me and doesn't argue as I pull him closer. When he's close enough, I wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head on his chest, taking in his smell. I never used to believe that a mate really was your missing half, the thing that was suppose to change your life. Now that I've found my mate, I don't know what I'd do without him.

Aaron's warmth engulfs me when he wraps his arms around me, as if he let me go he'd lose me. With his chin resting on my head and his arms around me. I'm able to forget everything horrible happening; it makes me never want to let go.

"Thank you." He mumbles. "I was starting to go crazy staring at all of those papers."

We stood there for awhile, just enjoying each other's closeness. Eventually, I decided to ruin the moment and bring up the task at hand.

"I'm going back to my pack in a couple of days." I begin. Aaron looks down at me, confusion and sadness on his face. "You were right. We can't just sit around and wait for it to come to us. This is getting out of hand, it's time we end it. I'm going back to get the rest of my pack. We need to start discussing a plan of action."

Reluctantly, he pulls away. "That's a good idea. I'll make that phone call. I'm sure there's someone near us who would be willing to help. If not, I'll just use my all mighty king authority and demand them to." He says playfully and winks, causing me to laugh.

He plants a kiss on my forehead then pulls it his phone. "The Golden Dawn pack has a Seer named Evangeline. She's still learning but she fifty years of practice. I'm sure she'll be able to get into Carver's mind with no worries."

"Fifty years and still learning?" I question.

"Seers live for hundreds of years. They're made to have longer lives to pass down history and wisdom."

"Huh, I never knew that. But then again I guess it's something I never really learned or looked into."

Aaron was going to say something, but the sound of my phone ringing in my back pocket stopped him. Taking it out, I see it's Tori.