Chapter Ten: Heat

C H A P T E R T E N:
H E A T

"Rayna." Aaron breathed, getting up off the couch.

"Don't." I grit out between waves of pain. As a kid, I learned about heat. It was a thing werewolves went through after they had met their mate and hadn't mated for a certain amount of time. Every full moon, until the two completed the mating ceremony, they would both experience heat. Woman had it the worst.

He didn't listen to me as he came and sat across from me on the bed. "It's not as bad for me." Aaron was right, looking at him I noticed he was barely sweating while I was drenched.

Another wave of pain and lust crashed into me and I doubled over. In an instant, Aaron was on my side of the bed kneeling next to me.

"What can I do?" He asked as he touched my hand. As soon as we made contact, a relief of cold flooded my hand.

Realizing his touch helped, I practically threw myself onto him, hugging his bare chest. My body instantly cooled down, but the other feeling was still there and no doubt he was feeling it too.

"We shouldn't be touching." He muttered as he pulled back, heat instantly found my body again. "Something you don't want to happen could if we do."

His eyes were dark, almost black when I met his gaze. Realizing he was right, I scramble off the bed and make my way into the bathroom. Once inside, I lock the door and push the vanity in front.

With heat, the longer you go without completing the mating process, the worse it gets. Aaron's desires would sky rocket and the heat would intense for me.

"You should go." I try telling him but a much stronger heat wave is on me again. Hearing his retreating footsteps made me let out a small sigh of relief.

As best as I could, I make my way to his bathtub and start running the water as cold as it could be. Leaving my clothes on, I get in.

-

    I stayed like that for the rest of the night, occasionally filling the water back up so it was freezing cold; it never helped though. Not once did I hear Aaron come back up. Brynn was in pure agony as was I and at some point I had gotten out of the bathtub and curled into a ball on the floor, sleep never finding me.

It had to be around six in the morning when I felt the unbearable heat, pain, and lust going away. Uncurling myself from fetal position, I push myself up off the floor and look at myself in the mirror.

I was a wreck. My hair was sleeked down from sweat that still coated my whole body and dark circles were under my eyes. I felt extremely weak and couldn't feel Brynn too well.

Brynn? I call out, waiting for her.

I'm okay.. I just need to rest. She weakly mumbled before disappearing completely.

Looking out the bathroom window, I notice the sun rising. If I was feeling fine now I hoped Aaron would be too.

Slowly I make my way towards the vanity I had pushed in front of the door. Using all of the strength I can muster, I try pushing it back but have no luck. I'm too weak to move it.