Chapter 11

"Even with the rebel attack, the elimination this morning will not be canceled." The prince says standing from where he sits. "The following ladies please follow me outside. Lady Raelle,"

"Oh my god." She sucks in a breath. "I'm going home Charlie." she whispers but goes outside anyway.

"Lady Catastrophe, Lady Hamilton, Lady Jouvilynn, Lady Kelsey, Lady Emma, Lady Indigo, Lady Joana, Lady Charlie." Of course. I was going I be eliminated.

I didn't hear the other names after me, but I walked outside. Hamilton seemed like she was on the verge of tears while Kelsey tried to soothe her.

"Charlie!" Raelle said. "No way he can eliminate us all! That's over half of us! There would only be nine left!"

I realized she wasn't wrong. Almost all of the girls were out here except for a few I barely remember meeting. Tina wasn't here either and I wondered why.

"Hello Ladies please settle down." The prince said walking out here. "You are all safe for the next round. Nine have went home today. Ten in all. Congratulations." He didn't seem enthusiastic but clapped his hands together.

He started to walk off in the opposite direction, I'm sure to his room. Was he the one to break the news to the nine who went home today? It didn't seem like he would've had time for that.

"Oh." One girl said after a moment. I look at Raelle and she seems relieved.

•••

"Didn't you have something you wanted to tell me yesterday?" Raelle asks as we walked through the gardens.

"I was just going to tell you about the prince coming to my room." I shrug. "You figured that out though."

I see hurt strike her face but she shrugs. "I'm not saying I don't believe you but was he only asking you a question? I didn't know if you'd actually say if he wasn't in front of all the other girls."

"Yeah. We talked about something after breakfast and he said he couldn't stop thinking about it. It got way to personal and I honestly regret saying anything." I say honestly.

"But just like the people that came to our houses said. We can't say no to him. Does that scare you?" She asks me as we sit on a bench.

"I don't know what all he would ask us to do. I mean that's scary. The unknown is just terrifying." I say honestly.

"I agree." She nods. We both wore our dresses from dinner which had just ended.

"I think we should get back. Our maids probably need to start decorating us." I say smiling a little.

"Your not wrong." She laughs with me.

in my room my maids are already ready for me and rush me into a bath that smells of lavender.

As soon as I'm out, Wendy starts on my makeup and Summer works on my hair. Tailor had still been working on my dress downstairs until the very last minute when she rushes it up to me.

I blink in confusion.

"I believe a few seams have ripped." I say slowly. The dress was in two pieces and id never seen one like that before.

"No silly it's meant like that. Here slide off your robe now." After that I slide black fabric over my head and it fits like a tank top but wraps around my neck instead. It's covered in colorful beads in jewels while clumps of them line the bottom of the top and the top of the skirt.

I slide into the poofy skirt. I was afraid it might fall but of course it was made specially for me. It fit perfect.

"It really is beautiful." I say honestly. "Am I allowed to wear something like this?"

"We already passed it with the Queen herself miss." Tailor reassures me.

"Wow." I breathe. You could only see my belly button and maybe an inch of skin above that though probably less. "Thank you ladies."

I curtsy and walk out. I liked having my hair straight like this because it was more cooperative. I felt a little self conscious with the shade of pink on my lips, even if it wasn't that dark. The color easily matched some of the beads on my dress too.

"Oh my god Charlie!" I hear behind me. I look to see Raelle looking at me covering her mouth. "Your beautiful!"

"I'm so worried about the two piece thing." I say.

"You pull it off perfect!" She exclaims. "And that shade of lipstick looks gorgeous too. But you don't look like Catastrophe would in it because your so soft and innocent Looking. Don't take that offensive."

"No your fine. Yours is fabulous too." I say straightening my too.

"It's okay. Not what is usually wear, but I'm not much of a dress person." She shrugs.

"Me neither." I agree smiling. We walk together in silence until we walk straight into the cameras.

The Royal family has their own chairs in the front. While the selected have their own seats in the first few rows. I sit between Lea and Raelle.

Behind me I hear Catastrophe talking to Lea. I turn to her and it looked like she walked through a bramble bush.

"Slut." She breathes looking at my dress.

"I'm sorry but I didn't know bramble bushes grew inside the palace." I roll my eyes and turn to look at Garvil. The king was already discussing taxes and foreign trade, but eventually stopped saying he didn't want to use all our time up.

"Now I'll hand the show over to Prince Alex."