Chapter 35

Today was the pool party. It had been a few days but Addy and I hadn't been able to find anything that involved the Revolutionary War.

"Which one do you like best, Miss?" Tailor asked. They were all tiny bikinis that I'd never worn before.

One, which I liked had a solid black bottom and the top had intricate zigzag designs of turquoise, lime green, pink, purple, orange, and more. The top was like a normal bikini with a layer of fabric over the top with the designs.

But my eyes caught attention to the last one they held up. The bottom was a pink that mimicked the flowers on the top which came up a few inches from my collar bone. Two straps followed to the back and intertwined with others. The rest of the top was navy and had leaves connected to the flowers.

"I like that one" I point to the one with flowers and they smile.

"I thought you would." Summer smiles. "You can change into that. We will wait in the bathroom Miss just tell us know when you are done. It should fit perfect we just had your measurements taken again."

"Thank you." I say and slide into both the pieces as they leave. I examine myself in the mirror before I let her back in. They weren't wrong it fit amazingly.

"We aren't putting a lot of makeup on you just waterproof mascara as long as you don't rub it! And a tad of foundation and blush." Wendy says, starting to apply mascara while summer tends to the foundation. "We don't want it to all come off. Some of the other girls won't remember that."

I laugh a bit with them and as I stand up I look over at the mirror.

"I love it." My hair was in its natural waves.

"Wear this with it!" She says hurriedly. It was a small dress made of pure lace. Just enough to cover the rest of my skin as I walk to meet the rest of the girls. I slid on some flip flops which felt good against my feet after heels for weeks. My maids handed me sunglasses which I didn't understand the need for until I walked with all the girls to the pool area.

The roof was open. Like open. Split in half revealing sunlight brighter than ever. I look at it for a minute before putting on my sunglasses.

The theme between most of the girls seem to be just enough to cover as little as possible. Cameras were already in the room when we walked in along with Alex.

"Hello Ladies." He greeted each of us differently some with a kiss on the check others with just hugs.

When he got to me I couldn't help but laugh as he smiled mischievously and took my hand pulling it to his lips, kissing it, but not quite letting it go

"Go ahead and make yourself at home and don't be worried to get in the pool."

Still he hadn't yet let go of my hand.

"Give me ten minutes okay? I can't favor you I public but I'll come over there to you in a minute okay?" Alex bends down and whispers in my ear. "Okay, love?" He asks.

"That's perfectly fine." I promise him.

"Wish me luck." He smiles and pecks my lips with his own. Some of the camera men make weird sounds like gasps and only a few of the girls see it.

I can't really help but smile a bit as he walks away. Who wouldn't?

"You wanna come sit by me?" I think it was Peyton from the other day.

"Why aren't you crawling all over him?" I ask but I nod and walk by the pool with her.

"Can I tell you something honest?" She says. "I think I'll be going home soon but my family needs the money. I'll stay longer but I'll leave soon."

"Why?" I ask curiously and stick my feet in the pool with hers.

"I've already found the person I love." Peyton shrugs. "I've been lost in the way he looked at me when I was leaving since the day I got here. He couldn't be there when I officially left though. We live in different towns you see."

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask curiously. "What makes you so sure I won't tell anyone?"

"I'm not saying I know the prince well. I don't really, but I know that he's not looking for someone who is crazy. I trust his judgement and seeing as I have a feeling you will have a ring on your finger soon I trust you. Unless you give me a reason not to."

"What makes you say that?" I ask her.

"I've seen the way the guy looks at me back home. And maybe I can't see the way I look back at him but I have a feeling it's the same look you give him. He looks at you like my love looks at me and I don't think you should go home." Peyton sighs. "I know you miss your family, but you have to stay. I shouldn't have came here."

"Do you write him?" I pleaded to change the subject.

"Yes." Peyton nods. "But he hasn't responded in a while. He told me in the last letter he was having a hard time with a few things."

"I hope you have a great life Peyton." I tell her. "I really do."

I look over at the hot tub I didn't realize was there. Girls sitting on the edge and Catastrophe leaning against his shoulder her mouth wide open in a laugh.

"Ignore her. He has to keep her around for now but in the end it's all his choice." Peyton promises me. "I think he's sending people home at the end of this date."

"What makes you say that?"

"The look in his eyes." Peyton says and nods her head his way. "He doesn't even want to touch the girls he knows he will send home."

"Your smart." I note.

"You don't have to be smart to observe." She laughs.

"Can we interview you girls?" A reporter asks from behind us. I look at Peyton then back at the reporter.

"Sure."