Chapter 12

"The girls are all amazing." Alex agrees.

"I remember the princess and one of selected were missing during the rebel attack is that right?" Gavril

"Yes that was the case. But I assure you they're both safe. According to our princess, the missing selected saved her life." Adeline smiled knowing the cameras were pointing toward her and she nodded.

"Is the mystery selected going to be revealed?" Gavril asks.

"Charlie!" I hear someone shouts. My face goes pale but I have an idea who it was. Lea or Catastrophe for sure. Nobody could be sure, but all the cameras pointed to me. My face went pale and I looked at Rae for support.

"It's not important." Alex says quickly.

"Yes it is." Adeline. "I'm not having Charlie getting heat for something that was my fault."

She stands from her seat but the King and Queen do nothing to stop her. Alex rubs his eyebrows but steps back. Gavril holds the microphone closer to her mouth.

"I'd went out that night to ask Charlie something. When is gotten there she answered my question and sent me back, though she came with me." She pauses and looks at me. "Why don't you come up here with me." She asks.

I almost swear under my breath but think better of it. I stand and try to walk as gracefully as possible to the front.

I try to remember I was ordered by the princess not the prince.

"Okay so she was walking me back to my room and we heard someone scream that we were being attacked. I panicked and she kept me under control and calmed me down enough so I could take us to the safe room. It wasn't one that we used a lot so nobody else went. She also helped bandage my leg when I cut it." She seems to beam with pride but i sit there tense.

"Long story short, I could've died."

"But as far as we know nobody was injured. They got inside then they were controlled." Gavril said.

"I am aware of that, but do you think if any of the Rebels were to get ahold of me do you think they would've left me I touched?" She asks in a small innocent voice. "Maybe she didn't save my life, but instead saved me from a life in captivity."

"You've made your point." Gavril nods.

"You can sit back down, Addy." Alex says. I look toward Gavril to see if I'd be released but he just laughed.

"Since your already up here why don't you till us about your insights on the prince?" He asks me.

"I think he cares about every girl here even if it is just for her safety or well being." I speak slowly choosing my words carefully. "But I'm not in love with him. Not yet anyway. And I don't think any other girl in this room should be this early into the competition."

"That's a first." Gavril nods. Alex stood farther behind me I needn't dare look at him. "You look extraordinarily fabulous today can you explain your choice of fashion today?"

"I was actually really nervous about it, but I've had support from my friend and maids." I say honestly.

"Have you considered those belly button piercings?" He asks me. I shook my head immediately wincing.

"Never." I promise him and myself. 

"One more question. How are the girls in the palace?" I look around. I see Rae smile and smile nervously back. I had made one friend. Then I look just behind her and Catastrophe and Lea look like they might stand to say something at any second.

"New. I'm not used to so many girls my age."

"Fine choice of words." Gavril said.  "Now I'm going to try and make it around to some of the other girls too so you can take your seat."

I nod happily and rush down the hall to my seat.

"That. Was. Horrible." I breathe looking down so no cameras could catch my muffled words.

"you did fine I promise." Rae puts one hand over mine.

I go on throughout the whole thing watching nothing in particular.

"Good day ladies."

•••

A single maid scuttled into the Women's Room and whispered something to the Queen

"Let them on in." The Queen says. Alex walks in slowly with a determined face. Alex had already had two more dates, one of which he went with Raelle. I felt like I was definitely going home next elimination.

"Tonight for dinner I will be taking not one." He pauses. "But two of you to the gardens. Both of you should pack, because only one will be staying at the palace. The other will be gone by morning."

My eyes widen and blink.

"The two that will be coming with me are Lady Indigo and Lady Charlie. Be in the gardens by six o'clock."

"Oh my god." I breathe out. Indigo looks over at me in fear but her gaze soon changes to malice once she sees my fear.

Everyones quiet.

I might not know with what emotion pushes that but I do know the cause,

In all the years the princes have had s selection...

None of them have been quite like this.