Chapter 62

My maids made me a thick coat that had a soft feeling to it. I wore the black coat over a white dress in the gardens. If came out here instead of in my room, because I'd been in my room for days.

Alex was out there too, still refusing to leave my side, and holding my hand. It was one of the coldest days since I'd woken up, and the garden flowers were brown and dead.

I'd called Jason just a few hours ago and they were settling in great. He thanked us and told me to come visit soon.

"Your maids will be helping you design a dress soon. My mother had loads of fun. One of her maids scratched out all these designs then they made it."

"Sounds great." I laugh.

"Then we get two weeks to go on our honeymoon after the wedding."

"Where are we going?" I ask as he starts walking through the path clear of snow.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that. It's a surprise." He says.

"That's not fair." I accuse him while laughing.

"Not at all." Alex agrees. I scoff but a smile replaces it.

"You're crazy." I tell him. "And completely unfair." He turns towards me holds my face between his hands.

"I'm sorry. You'll figure out eventually." He smiles and kisses the tip of my nose.

•••

A few days later my three maids came in my room and ran Alex out. Wendy sits beside of me with a sketchbook. I realize it's already full of scratches.

"So us and a few more of the ladies downstairs have came together with a few ideas and if those don't work, they'll at least give you an idea to what you want." Summer says and plops down on my bed.

"So here is the first one we came up with. Very simple and classy." Tailor says and opens the cover. The first dress was a fit and flare that had a long sleeve, lace top. I loved it. But I'd worn lots of dresses like that before.

"I like it." I nod my head. She turns the page again. This dress was sleeveless and was also a fit and flare. I loved this one too but it was too much with the jewel covered too. "I love it, it's just not the one."

"Thats perfectly fine miss." Wendy tells me. The next few dresses were more simple and I loved them all.

"This ones my favorite." Summer tells me. And indeed was it jaw dropping.

"That's the one." I whisper. It reminded me of the off shoulder gown I wore when I officially first met Alex. The bottom had a lacy design at the bottom but disappeared at the waist.

"Do you want the designs to be lined with diamonds on the bottom Miss?" Tailor asks smiling.

"Sure. And a belt with diamonds too. Then a few on the sleeves. Thank you girls so much." I say and hug each of them.

"Let's get your measurements again so this dress fits perfectly." Wendy jumps from my bed and pulls out cloth tape measure. They measure around my waist from my waist to my shoulder and from my waist to my toe and everything else they possibly could've needed.

"I'm so glad you love it." Summer smiles and hugs me one last time. "I always knew you were special."

"So do you want to look at bridesmaid and flower girl dresses or do you want to wait for another day?" Tailor asks me.

"Let's do it now." I smile.

"Now these can be any colors you want even if some are colored." She tells me. I nod and we all sit back in my bed.

They showed me lots of designs and I liked them all, but I couldn't move past the first one they showed me.

"Go back to the first one if you can." I say to them. Tailor nods, licking her fingertip before moving the pages back. This one was colored a light gray, but I would get a light, icy blue. The dresses for the bridesmaids and maid of honor all had a wrapped bodice and came up around and outlined the neck in thin fabric. A belt was made of diamonds and the bottom- which didn't quite flare out, but still trailed behind with a flow- was scattered with them.

"Wonderful choice." Tailor smiles. "Now who will be your bridesmaids and maid of honor?"

"Payton, Tayloe, Paisley, and Adeline." Addy was already so thrilled to not be a flower girl, but a bridesmaid. Just like Paisley. I hoped they would get along when Paisley moved to the palace.

"And we have all of the measurements for each of those girls." Summer says. "So what about the flower girl?"

I didn't know many kids small enough to be the flower girl, and capable of performing correctly so Louis helped me out. Her niece which lived near us and I saw her often- I just wasn't very close to her- was six and was a very beautiful kid.

"Her name is Lily. I can get Louis to send you the measurements if you like." I suggest.

"That would be great." They smile and start flipping through dresses, now smaller and more innocent.

There was one with a lacy top and shiny skirt, but it didn't quite match my theme. I fell in love with a simple silver fit and flare dress with shined rhinestones bunched at the bottom but eventually faded out gradually. It was beautiful.

"Your wedding is going to be beautiful." Tailor says. They all hug me once more and leave.

I was so lucky for them.