Chapter 65

The car had one long cushioned seat around the edge of the car and in the middle was a glass table built into the bottom of the car.

"Are you going to tell me where we are going now?" I laugh and ask.

"You'll figure out when we get there." He promises. "Don't stress. It'll just be a few hours once we get on the plane."

"A plane?" I ask.

"Is that okay?" He asks suddenly worried.

"No, it's fine. I haven't got a relaxed ride on a plane before. I think it'll be cool." I smile and climb in the car and sit on the soft leather. Alex sits beside of me and wraps his arm around my waist.

I'd changed into a white knee length fit and flare dress it's sleeves to my elbows and was pretty simple apart from that. I hadn't taken my hair down or redid my makeup, but I had put on short matte black wedges with lots of little straps.

"There aren't gonna be cameras here are there?" I ask. I hadn't thought about it, but I didn't want any cameras.

"Never." I smile at his answer and lean my head over onto his chest. "I don't want that."

"Me neither." I leaned against Alex and enjoyed being alone with him. There was the car driver, but we couldn't actually see him.

"You can sleep on the way to the airport if you want, so you can enjoy the plane ride." Alex tells me and strokes my hair.

"Thank you." I mutter. It didn't take much to convince me either.

When I fell asleep I was woke up what felt like moments later.

"We are there." Alex whispers in my ear. "Come on." I blink a few times and stand up with my hand in his. "You ready?"

"I'm ready." I smile and nod. Alex smiles and kisses my fist that is tightly tucked in his hand.

There was no wait for the plane and we were led straight through by guards. The plane was just as comfortable as the car. All the seats were turned toward each other with a table in the middle.

"Fanciest plane ever." I note.

"All your stuff is already loaded under us." Alex says and laughs at my comment. I sit beside of him and play with the hem of my dress. It doesn't take much time before I have a weird sensation that I remember from when I first left my home town. My stomach felt like it dropped.

"Did you really think you wouldn't find love in the Selection?" I ask. He mentioned it in his vows, I just didn't think about it.

"You know." He turns toward me slightly. "The Selection isn't luck. They're always planned and there are mostly twos and threes because that's where the action is. Where the girls mostly fight and argue. They throw in some not as high casts just so it seems fair."

"I was a mistake?" I ask quietly.

"Yes. Along with other girls too. You weren't supposed to be here. You weren't supposed to be here past the first day. I wasn't supposed to notice you. You weren't supposed to get a date and I wasn't supposed to fall in love with you. But I did."

"Are you glad it happened? You know, meeting me and all." I ask again.

"I am, but I shouldn't be. I just put myself out there and I'm in the middle of a field and I have a gun pointed at me. Any minute it could go off and kill me, but in reality the gun is you being hurt. When you're hurt and taken away from me like you were last year. It hurts me too and takes me away too." He breathes out and grabs my hand. "Are you happy?"

"Then I am too." He squeezes my hand and then I feel a bump. "Let's look out the window we are about to take off."

I was sure we were supposed to be buckled up, but I guess there was basically no chance of something happening on this plane ride. Being the royal family and all I wouldn't doubt all the airports in the country or anywhere near our flight.

I couldn't feel the plane in the air and the wheels being tucked safely inside the plane. We go up pretty fast and the towns gets small beneath us like it could've been ruled by ants. We break through the blanket of clouds that nearly blind me.

I had this new feeling being so away from everyone. I wanted to sit up here forever with Alex and never have to go back.

I imagined what our life would be like if he wasn't the prince and I'd found him. If we were both just from poor casts or average casts. Would I have still fallen in love with him? I hold my hand up to my head for a second and realize, how couldn't I?

"Could you at least give me a hint?" I ask once more while laughing. Alex just rolls his eyes, smiles and leads me back to my seat.

"We get to eat a cool plane lunch soon." He tells me.

"Never got to do that." I laugh. I lean my head against him and hold onto the hand of his that was draped over me. "I love you."

"I love you too."