Chapter 36

"What is your favorite part of the palace?"

Peyton laughs at herself before she even speaks. "The Great Hall for sure. The food is absolutely amazing."

"What about you Lady Charlie?"

"I like the library. It's really quiet and peaceful." I tell them honestly.

"Do you like to read I'm assuming?"

"Something like that." I smile whatever type of fake smile came to my face.

"So it made its way around you didn't come out of your room for a while after the incident where your— close friend I've also heard— Raelle was murdered." His eyes reflect pity that the camera cannot see.

"She was one of my only friends here and I had a hard time— I still have a hard time." I sigh. I didn't like to talk about her. "She wouldn't want me to be sad though."

"She will be missed." I nod.

"Ladies." I feel a wet arm drape over my shoulder. I turn and see Alex smiling with one arm over me and Peyton.

"Eww your all wet." I scrunch up my nose and pull his arm from my neck.

"Well that's offensive." Alex snorts then leans over and whispers something in Peyton's ear.

"Do it." She laughs as he takes his arm away from her.

"Don't you dare Alex." I say backing away but it's too late. He's already scooped me up bridal style and now holds me at the waters edge. "No! Alex stop!"

All I hear is his laughing as he throws me into the pool. I emerge and I know my hair is scattered unattractively over my shoulders.

"Jerk!" I yell immediately after I catch my breath and push a wave of water at him.

He just laughs but as he does so one of the girls behind him decide it is the perfect time to push him in with me. Luckily, he didn't land on top of me but right beside me.

"That's what you get." I say as soon as he comes up.

He finds a way not to loose himself in front of the cameras. Even if you can see what he feels in his eyes, you can't tell unless you know him well. I was not as gifted. I felt like I could kiss him right here in front of all the girls and it be okay.

He grabbed me from underwater and pulled me up bridal style.

"Let me go!" I say while not stopping laughing.

"Umm... no." Alex smirks.

"Stop!" I say barely getting it out between laughs. I kick my feet helplessly, Spraying water.

"Alex! Stop harassing Charlie!" It was Addy. She stood in a purple ruffle top and a purple bottom.

"Why are you taking her side?" Alex had an amused sort of offended behavior. "You're my sister."

"She's my friend." Addy says

"I don't believe that tops." Alex says not letting me go.

"Do I really have to get it just to help Charlie escape you?" Addy sighs. "I'm coming Char!" One splash in the face and she was in the water.

She wrapped her arms around the back of his neck but it didn't help.

"Can we get a picture of you three?" A photographer asks.

"Sure." Alex says. Addy pulls herself higher onto Alex's shoulders and we all smile.

"Thank you." He says and walks away grinning.

"So Addy how are you today?" I lean my head back so I can see her over Alex.

"I'm good." She giggles. "I found what we were looking for."

"You mean..." I didn't know what words to use. The Revolutionary War. Alex didn't know yet and maybe we should keep it that way.

"Yeah." She nods with the same excited look in her eyes. Alex was in the middle of another conversation but turned his head.

"What are you two talking about?" Addy laughs but I know she was nervous.

"Secret stuff." She tells him.

"What sort of secret stuff?" He asks again.

"Secret stuff not privileged to the future king of Illéa." Addy eventually says.

I can tell even through the amusement in his eyes he's still curious.

"Okay whatever." I see a small smirk pop up just at the corners of his mouth, but it was too late. He's dropped me in the water without giving me a chance to regain my breath.

I came back up with a gasp for air and then glared at Alex.

"I swear.." then I splash water in face causing him to shut his eyes on instinct.

Then it turned into an all out splashing battle.

And
I
Loved
It.