T w o

Marinette dropped to the floor in shock. She was on her hands and knees, tears streaming from her eyes and dripping onto the floor.

"Marinette, I'll cook dinner so if you need me—" he paused, his eyes suddenly widening at the sight of the crying girl. "Marinette!"

"A-Are you okay?" Adrien helped her up, being gentle, accessing any possible injuries she had. She sniffled her bluebell eyes meeting his jade green eyes in seeming intimacy.

"I'm fine." The bluenette said coldly, getting up, wrapping herself in a blanket on the couch. Adrien sat down next to her.

"You're not okay. Tell me what's wrong, even if I'm not Alya." He lowered his voice down into a soothing whisper.

"W-Well, it's hard to explain. I-I'll try anyways." Marinette scooted towards the blond haired boy and kept eye contact with him.

"Ladybug and Chat Noir finally stopped Hawkmoth's reign, so they don't have to fight anymore." She began to explain, Adrien nodding in gradual understanding.

"Chat can be annoying with his cat puns, but overall, he's caring, kind, brave, and most importantly, loving. When Alya said to me that I should try dating Chat Noir or Adrien, it hit deep. I can't see him anymore because.. the duo is done fighting. Not that I like him or anything, just as a friend. I like someone else that used to go to our school." She finished, looking down at her feet anxiously.

Adrien had two questions circulating his head. Who does she like that used to go to our high school? She finally didn't stutter, but why?

"Am I allowed to ask two questions?" He blurted out of the blue. She was a bit caught off guard, but beckoned him to proceed.

"One, who do you like?" He didn't want to be too pushy with the question, but he had a burning desire to know.

She froze and stared at him, not knowing how to respond. "Uh, I um—it's—I-I um!"

Adrien shook his head, patting her shoulder in reassurance. "Never mind that. You can tell me in your own time."

Marinette was the slightest bit puzzled, but somewhat understood. "Your next question?"

"How come you're not stuttering anymore? Not that I liked your stuttering—I-I mean! I'm saying your stuttering wasn't bad but—" he was shushed by the formerly saddened girl.

"I understand what you're trying to say." She smiled cheekily. "You won't hurt my feelings, though."

Marinette corrected herself, going back to his curious remaining question. "Back to the question, I think it's because I'm now getting used to you. Even though it's only been a few hours, I can change around people quickly."

"I guess that explains it." The model smiled. "I kinda like you better now— no offense! I like a lot of people better now, especially the boys that were in high school with us."

"Of course! They were total brats in middle school. Not you though, you seemed different. More.. mature." Marinette replied, raising an eyebrow in amusement.

Adrien protested playfully, saying, "My father trained me to be mature! Of course I'm different from the rest!"

They both shared more smiles and laughter for the hours Alya and Nino were gone. When the couple came back, they found Adrien and Marinette sleeping together on one of the couches in the living room.

"Well, well, well, I knew my ship would sail soon." Alya murmured, nudging her boyfriend in satisfaction.

"It's about time Adrien lived a happy life. Especially since his father is so strict with him." Nino agreed with his girlfriend. "Also, it was best for Mari to get with him, she wouldn't have stuck to me."

"Nino, you've got me though, right?" She flashed him a flirty grin, wrapping one of her arms around him.

"Of course, I'd never want to lose you." Nino flashed her the same smile in return, pulling her to his chest. "Come on, let's go to sleep and leave these two lovebirds be. Let's see how they react in the morning."

——————————

Marinette jolted awake at the sound of an alarm. She sat up and constantly hit something at what she thought was an alarm.

Her eyes widened as she turned to see what that 'thing' was and to her shock, it was Adrien. He fell on the floor, covering his left cheek where she kept hitting him.

"Oh my— I'm so sorry!" She panicked, getting the poor boy an ice pack.

"It's alright, no worries." He charmingly smiled, but also added on,

"Mari, I realized I was sleeping with you last night."