S i x

A day later..

"Okay guys! I'm leaving to go to the doctor's office!" Adrien called out to his roommates.

"Come back soon, bro!" Nino called back to his friend in reply.

"Don't worry, I will." The model said in reassurance, shutting the door behind him.

Hiding behind a corner in the hallway, he whispered, "Plagg, transform me!"

Within seconds, he was transformed into the infamous hero of Paris, Chat Noir. He was about to exit the building, but he felt something grab his belt.

Chat fell back onto the floor, making a thump sound when he landed. The same force grabbed his bell and the hero came face to face with a familiar redhead.

"Don't think I saw that, Agreste." Nathaniel narrowed his eyes at him. In order to avoid panic, the feline cooly replied with, "Saw what, Tomato Sauce?"

"Listen, your charm isn't gonna work on me like it did with Marinette." Nathaniel continued to glare at him, allowing his anger to take over him.

"Is this seriously about Mari, Tomato Boy?" Chat raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Yes, yes it is. You better stay away from her, she's mine, Banana Boy." Nathaniel retorted, clearly unamused.

There was an uneasy silence between them for a few seconds. Chat smirked at Nathaniel, keeping eye contact with him, the cat wriggling out of his grasp.

"Too bad she's mine already, Tomato Ketchup." Chat stuck his tongue out at him in an immature manner, running off with his smirk on his face. He busted through the building doors, Nathaniel right on his heels.

"Catch me if you can, Nath!" The blond haired boy taunted him, as he leaped onto the rooftops to go faster. After Chat said that, the fuming boy went faster, but remained on the ground.

After about ten minutes, Nathaniel started to run out of breath. He stopped to catch his breath and Chat stopped too.

"You're already tired? I thought you were stronger than that!" Chat continued to taunt, progressively making him angrier.

"Just.. give.. me.. a.. break." He breathed heavily, but refused to give up.

"Oh come on," Chat whined. "It's a race, isn't it?"

"No.. I just wanted.. to stop you from.. getting to.. Marinette's house." Nathaniel hung his head down low, his hands gripping on his knees for support.

"How do you know if I'm going to Marinette's house or not?" The feline twirled his staff menacingly.

"You mean.. you aren't...?" His icy blue eyes widened when he made eye contact with the hero.

"Maybe, maybe not." Chat shrugged, flashing a smirk, proceeding to break into a sprint once again.

"Chat Noirrr!" Nathaniel yelled, running after him.

The black suited cat didn't bother to look back, due to the fact that he already knew Nathaniel Kurtzberg, the Tomato Haired Child, was behind him. Although, it wasn't long until Chat saw Marinette's house up ahead. Nathaniel looked up, seeing her house as well.

Nathaniel's eyed landed on a ladder leading up to her balcony. If he ran fast enough, he could pass Chat, and quickly climb up the ladder to Marinette's balcony. Unfortunately for him, it was too late.

Chat was already almost there and he was midway up the ladder. Nathaniel arrived at the bottom of the ladder when he was almost at the top.

Nathaniel began to climb, purposely shaking the ladder to see if Chat would fall. Once Nathaniel was midway up the ladder, Chat was at the top.

Chat felt a force shake underneath him and he dared to look down. Nathaniel, of course. There was one last thing to do, but it would risk his Miraculous time, and he ended up doing it anyways.

"Cataclysm!" He shouted, the powerful force forming into one of his palms.

His plan was once he used his Cataclysm on the ladder, he would jump off, and grab the rim of Marinette's balcony. Afterwards, he would lift himself up into her room. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

He used his Cataclysm on the ladder, but he didn't jump in time. Well, he did jump, but he barely missed the rim, grabbing the bars that held up the rim.

"Help!" He yelled out as his Miraculous beeped, his time ticking until he detransformed.

Nathaniel stood there, a bold smirk plastered on his face, satisfied that Adrien Agreste would meet his fate.