Chapter 14 - Plans Of Our Own

Madalyn's P.O.V.

Mom: Madalyn! It's time to get up now!

I woke up out of bed in an instant. Today was the day that Optimus and I battle David and Grimlock. SInce I had a good nights sleep, I'm all pumped up and ready for action! I took a quick shower before changing into my everyday clothes. I stepped outside on my mini balcony as Optimus's hologram followed, jumping down from my shoulder and on to the railing as I let out a yawn and stretched my arms out.

Madalyn: Another perfect day in the city.

Optimus: yes, the conditions are just right for your battle against Grimlock.

Madalyn: yeah I can hardly wait for the action to start!

Optimus: I'm glad your up for it because this could be our toughest challenge yet.

Madalyn: Don't worry, I won't lose.

Optimus: I know.

Madalyn: It is part of the test remember?

Optimus: Just make sure you're not late.

That statement reminded me I should check the time. According to my watch it was 9:30 am. David said to meet him by 11:00.

Madalyn: Well I called him last night and said we'd meet up with him at Emanuel's house on the way to the park. We'd better get moving. You know how much of a ninja David is. He's so quick he might show up early.

Optimus: Emanuel's house?

Madalyn: Yeah. I haven't seen him for a couple of days now.

Optimus: I suppose that makes sense. Where has Iestyn been?

Madalyn: I have no idea. We all haven't been online for a while either. SO we'd better go and check up on them.

Optimus: You'll have to go without me Madalyn.

Madalyn: Huh? Why?

Optimus: I've made some plans for this morning of my own. I'll be back in time for the battle. Why don't I just meet you at the park?

Okay now I was getting really confused here. How come Optimus was bailing on me? What other plans? Did he not want to take on Grimlock and David? I knelt down a little that way me and Optimus were at optic to eye contact level.

Madalyn: You made plans of your own? That's not like you.

Optimus: You have to get used to it Madalyn. I've figured out how to move around quite well in this form. And I just feel like going out on my own for a change. It's nothing personal, it's just I want a little time for myself.

He sounded so serious all of a sudden. Don't get me wrong, he has acted serious a bunch of times before, but this moment here is a different kind of serious. So, I decided to have some fun with him.

Madalyn: It's a pretty big world out there.

Optimus: I'm not a child!

Madalyn: Don't talk to strangers.

Optimus: Stop speaking to me like that! You know I can take care of myself! I'll see you later.

He yoinked my tablet away from me as he used his jetpack to swoop down to the road below. Once he landed, he transformed into his robot mode and my tablet rested on top of it, strapped and wrapped around metal wristraints to keep it from falling.

Madalyn: Hey! Make sure you look both ways before crossing the street!

Optimus: Silence human!

After that, he kicked in the gas and took off down the street.