Chapter 18 - Game Plan

Iestyn's P.O.V.

There was a flash of white light all of a sudden. Just a minute ago I was at Adittya's house, the next thing I know, I find myself walking through a field covered with fog.

Iestyn: What a strange place. I wonder I am? How did I get here?

I took another look around me but I couldn't even see anything. The fog was so thick.

Iestyn: This is getting weird now. 

All of a sudden the fog cleared up and I discovered that I was standing on top of a hill that looked over the city of Toronto. I spotted the downtown traffic and the height of the CN Tower from where I stood. The wind blew in my face as I stared at the scenery in shock. How did I get all the way here from Additya's house?!

???: Iestyn?!

I turned around to see a teenage boy running towards me. He had black hair with green sunglasses, brown eyes, a green short sleeve jacket with a black t-shirt underneath, green cargo pants and black sneakers. 

Iestyn: Emanuel! 

Emanuel: Iestyn, I was worried about you man! Where did you go? Where have you been hiding all of this time? Is something wrong?

Iestyn: I'm sorry Eman', I've got a confe--

Emanuel: Just say it! Did something happen?

Iestyn: I don't know. Honestly, I can't remember.

Emanuel: Huh? Your serious?

Iestyn:  just don't know. I must have fainted or something on the way back to your house. Additya and his dad found me and brought me back to their place. But then everything went white and the next thing I know, I find myself up here.

Emanuel: Too weird.

Iestyn: I wish I could remember, but I can't!

*********

Emanuel brought me back to his house and helped me upstairs to his room. I stepped into the bathroom, changing into my pyjamas and Emanuel sat me down on my pull out bed. 

Emanuel: What you need is some rest. Now get into bed and forget everything. You got that?

Iestyn: Sorry for all of this Eman'.

Emanuel: No problem I think you're just tired. Besides, there's nothing to be sorry about.

Iestyn: To be honest, this has happened to me a few times before.

Emanuel: Oh really? Like when?

Iestyn: Well I guess... ever since I started playing Transformers. It's like, I don't even know myself anymore.

Emanuel pulled the covers over me, while placing an assuring hand on my shoulder.

Emanuel: Hey everything's going to be alright. You just get some rest alright? I got some chores to do but I'll come back when I'm done, and then we can talk.

Iestyn: Thank you Emanuel. 

***********

Emanuel's P.O.V.

After helping out Iestyn I left my room and walked downstairs into the living room to find my mother watching TV while having a drink.

Emanuel: Hey mom.

Mom: Oh Emanuel, how's Iestyn?

Emanuel: He's upstairs sleeping.

Mom: Well that's good. Maybe he just has the flu. After all we just got a late snowfall. And I thought for sure winter was over. I should make him some soup.