Chapter 25 : What is it like to be a vampire?

No-One POV

When Yuka and Takashima got back to their dorm, Yuka fell onto her bed and closed her eyes. She was exhausted.

Takashima went over to his secret library, which was secret as it was hidden behind a sliding door.

When Takashima picked the book he wanted to read, he saw that Yuka as sitting up, taking something from her neck.

Yuka took of a necklace that she's had on her neck for 5 years now, and she never took it of.

"What's that you got there Yuka?" Takashima asked, walking over to Yuka, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"Oh this? It's necklace. I have a matching bracelet to it," she said, showing Takashima the necklace.

Takashima's POV

"Oh this? It's necklace. I have a matching bracelet to it," she said, showing me the necklace.

That necklace, that bracelet. it was her birthday present from Kaname when she turned 10.

"It's very pretty, who got it for you?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Thank you. I don't remember who got it for me. However. it think someone from my past gave it for me," Yuka replied.

I saw a hint of sadness in her eyes. She really wanted to know her past.

"Takashima?" I heard Yuka say my name, which brought me back to reality.

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"How does it feel to be a vampire?"

"Do you want to know the good points and the bad?"

"Yeah."

"Well, good points first. 1) you get to spend eternity with the person you love. 2) You get to grow up without getting any wrinkles," Yuka started laughing once I said that one, " and 3) You get to experience things that you don't really get to experience when you are human."

"I would love to grow old without wrinkles," Yuka said smiling, "Tell me the bad points."

"Okay, well, 1) Your diet is mainly blood, but we can still eat human food, but not too much of it. 2) We cant go outside in the sunlight for to long, or we will get a bad sunburn. 3) We are known to be 'Beats in Human Form. 4) We are being hunted."

"Okay, for number 2. I think you are 'Beautiful Beasts in Human Form' well some of you anyway."

I looked at her smiling.

"And for those who are hunting you, tell them that they will have to go through me, Yuka, before laying their dirty hands on you."

I couldn't help but to laugh. I stood up from my bed and went over to Yuka, pulling her into a hug.

"I admire your courage Yuka. You really fascinate me. Your someone who I would love to spend eternity with," I tell her.

Her arms wrapped around me, and pulled me onto her bed, putting her head on my chest, still hugging me.

I put my arms around her.

"I would also spend eternity with you, however, eternity is no a part of my life," she said. I sensed hurt in her voice.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I'm a human. Your a vampire. I only live for about 70 years and then you live for eternity.

"That can change."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Um.. never mind."

"Do you mean that you would bite me and turn me?"

I looked into her eyes and then looked away.

"Yes, that's what I meant."

"Oh, but wouldn't I turn into a Level-E eventually?"

"No. You wouldn't," I pulled away from Yuka, and headed for the door.

"Is there a reason for that?" she said in a confused whisper.

"When the time is right, and you are ready, I will tell you. I will tell you everything," I said leaving the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~