Not Again

{ Jacob's POV }

" Aye James! You see the new NFL draft?", Terrence basically yelled while walking into the barber shop's door. Why is he always so damn loud? I ignored him and continued sweeping. Maybe I'm just overreacting. I have been a little on edge since last night. What's up with Kimari? She's talking even less than she usually does. Was it something I did? I don't know but its pissing me off. After all I've gone through, almost getting shot, leaving mi madre without a trace, the lying AND threatening to kill a girl I didn't even know, this is what I get? I guess I was holding the broom too tight because barely 5 seconds later, it snapped in half. Mr. Lewis looked up from arranging the assortment of hair clippers.

" Sorry...", I said quietly. I got on my knees and started picking up lumps of hair with my hands. Gross. 

I heard the ring of the doorbell and didn't think much of it. It's a barber shop, people come in all the time. " Hey T, Hey James.", I heard a girl say in a familiar voice. I looked up and saw that same pretty girl that worked in McDonald's. Brianna, I think was her name. 

"Girl why you always late? I got stuff to do.", Terrence said.

"You? Having a life? Please.", she said while going over and hugging Mr. Lewis. "Hey Daddy."

"Good afternoon baby girl.", she looked over at me and squinted.

"Jaden, right?", I felt like a deer in headlights. 3 seconds of awkward silence pasted before I nodded. James started laughing and Terrence looked back and forth from me to Mr. Lewis.

" Uhm, Briella we gotta go now if we don't wanna miss traffic.", Terrence finally said. Ah, Briella was her name. He grabbed her arm and they left. James left a while after them. It was just me and Mr. Lewis.

"You wanna tell me how you know my little girl.", I looked up at him and shrugged.

" Applied for a job at McDonald's sir, tha'ts all.", he nodded his head and didn't talk to me for the rest of the day.

See, I'm starting to feel trapped. I don't belong here. I'm supposed to be sitting at home watching Spanish soap operas and joking with my boys, not working then going home to a girlfriend who doesn't even talk to me anymore. I feel like our relationship is on the rocks. I was walking home and all of a sudden an ambulance turned the corner and almost ran me over! What the actual hell! "Bastard!", I yelled after it. A few people walking by looked at me. "What are you looking at!?", I screamed at them. I'm so fucking mad right now and I don't even know why.

I was almost home when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I groaned and turned around. It was some pretty blonde girl with a paper in her hands. She looked at it then at me a couple of times. She seemed kinda frantic. "Okay, uhm... mhmm... dark eyes, check... okay so according to this description you're Jacob.", I nodded and looked around. She grabbed my arm and pulled me towards a car. "Come with me."

" What the hell!?"

" Something's wrong with Leda she's in the hospital.", I ran to the car after she said that. Why does everyone I love end up in the hospital?

Author's Note

So hey *waves*. It's me. Your favorite author that went MIA :P I'm back. for good this time I swear :) I honestly just needed a break. And I really really really need help. Okay so honestly I don't know where I'm going with this. So I need YOU to please leave suggestions on things you would like to see happen or what's wrong and right with this story. I wouldn't be here without you guys and I thank you so much for being here with me and blowing up my inbox (Lol) But yeah thank you thank you thank you and you can expect a new chapter up once a week most likely on the weekend :)

Smooches

ErBourne