Mean Girls

{ Kimari's POV }

" Fine.", I said. He looked...surprised.

" What? I mean really?"

" Yeah.", he sighed. I bet he thinks I'm so easy. WRONG! " On a few conditions.", he leaned his back and groaned. " Look, my house, my rules. And if you don't like it, there's the door."

" Okay. You sound like my mother."

" You don't tell your girlfriend that. And stop trying to change the subject. Anyway, you have to help around the house, help with Leda and get a job."

" What!? I can't get a job! I'm only 16, I haven't even finished high school yet!...", he went on and on about why he can't get a job. Excuses, excuses, excuses. 

" Oh cry me a river Jacob. Yes you can get a job. If I can get one, then so can you. And what does school have to do with anything? It's summer!"

" But I don't wanna work.", he whined. God, he's more of a baby than Leda is.

" Too f*ckin' bad. Now what are you good at?", he shrugged his shoulders.

" Whatever anyone teaches me I guess."

" That's good. You can go job searching tomorrow.", I said before getting up and walking towards the door.

" Wait where are you going?"

" To see a friend.", I said before leaving. I hope he doesn't think I'm just gonna dump Leda on him whenever I want. I guess I just want him to get a feel of what he's going to be doing when he's alone with her. Before I left I checked the mail. There were 3 letters. Probably just bills or something. I folded them all up and put them in my pocket.

I didn't know where I was going. I just wanted to get out of the house for a while. I live close to the downtown area, so I guess I'll go sightseeing. The first place I went to was this place everyone called the 'Lake'. It's not really a lake, but it looks like it could be. I hear it's not really deep, but that it just covers a large area.  People go fishing, canoeing and swimming in it. I've never done any of those things though. The city always have programs during the seasons. During the summer it's swim lessons, in Winter it's ice skating and I'm not sure what they do during the Spring and Autumn.

When I was in school, this was the major hangout spot. After school, my Mommy would drive me, Cindy and a couple of other 'friends' here to just chill and whatever. Come to think of it, this is the place where I first met Marcus. I'm starting to grow a sudden hate for this place.

I walked around for a couple of minutes trying to find something to do when I saw Cindy talking and laughing with some of her friends. I don't think I know any of them so maybe this'll be a good time to make some new friends. I ran up to her screaming her name. She turned around and looked at me funny. " Hey. What are you doing here?", she asked.

" Nothing, just getting out of the house. What about you?", I replied while putting my hands in my front pockets. I looked at her friends. There were 3 of them. I felt like I knew them from somewhere but I couldn't put my finger on it. Oh well. I'll figure it out sooner or later. One of them tapped her shoulder in a bourgeois kind of way.