Preparation

It was the night of the meet and greet and I didn’t know what to wear, how to dress or how to do me and Leda’s hair. Well Leda barely has any hair so I guess I’ll just have her’s out and put in a small headband or something. As for me I still didn’t know what to wear. I needed the style of a teenage girl. I needed Cindy. Just then she called me.
“Hey girl, you and Leda-Leda ready?”
“Well actually…”
“No there’s no ‘Well actually’ either you’re ready or not”
“Then I’m not”
“Why!”, she sounded like her favorite shoes got ran over.
“I-I don’t…have anything cute to wear”, I said ashamed of my crappy wardrobe.
“Ok, uhh…how ‘bout I bring you something over and y’know experiment with ya hair you have A-mazing long hair. Maybe I could curl it or something”
“That’d be great actually, thanks… I’m glad I have a friend like you Cindy, really.”
“No prob, you’re like a sis to me…I’ll be over in 10, later”
I hung up the phone. It took Cindy about 15 minutes to get where i was but when she got here it was worth it. Cindy’s mom, Hillary, doesn’t like me…at all. She thinks I’m a bad influence and honestly I don’t blame her. Cindy bust through my door with flat irons, curlers, hot combs, brushes, gel, combs, hairspray, scrumchies, Forever 21 bags, Dots bags, Claire’s bags, Villa bags, makeup bags and hair magazines. It was just TOO shocking.
‘’Oh…my…’’
" Yeah, I think I shoulda brought more hair mags but…oh well we’ll have to deal with that"
“No,no I think we’ll do just fine”, I said. It was surprising to see how well she held all of the bags and beauty supplies.
" Okay well I guess I’ll just sit these…here" She sat the bags on the kitchen table. “Where’s my neice Leda-Leda?”. Just then Leda crawled her way into the kitchen. Cindy picked her up and starting speaking gibberish to her. “So we have about 2 hours ‘till we have to be there…so I’d better get started on your extreme makeover…right?”
“Uh…right, i guess…whenever you’re ready…you can play with Leda for as long as you want… It’s nice to not be with her 24/7…not in a bad way though! I love her but…it just gets overwhelming y’know?”. Cindy kissed Leda on the cheek.
“Nope”
“Well, thanks for tellin’ the truth.”
“No prob…big sis.” I stifled a laugh. “I think I’ll do ya hair and whatever first…then I’ll have ’till we go to enjoy my niecy poo!”
“Okay just sit Leda in her playpen”. Cindy sat Leda in her playpen and started plugging all the tools and threw a hair mag at me.
“Look through that and tell me what you want”. I don’t know where Cindy gets her hair mags but they are THE BOMB. So many pretty hairstyles; long and straight, wavy and short but what caught my eye the most was the curly styles. Wow they were beautiful. The way the spiral curls went up and down and up and down and up and down …were A-maz-ing.
“I want that”, I said as I pointed to the pretty curls in the mag.
“Cool…”, she said. With that Cindy washed, blow dried and flat ironed my hair. It turned out to be a LOT longer than I thought it was and smelled of a pretty lavender.
" Hey Cindy…"
“Yeah Kimari”
“I’m ’bouta take a pic of myself right quick…is that cool?”
“Cool as ice”. Her corny ass…I love her though. I walked in Leda’s room and looked through her closet for my laptop;the only possession my mom let me keep. I got on and took a picture.

I love my hair. And that was just the beginning. By 6 o’clock my hair, makeup, clothes and accessories were done and all I had to do was dress Leda. I put Leda in a pink and white jumper, grabbed the stroller and headed out the door.

Author’s Note: How am I doing so far? I’d love to hear your feedback!
-Luv, ErBourne