Forgetful

At 4:00 I clocked out and began walking home with Leda in my arms. Something didn't feel right though. I think I'm missing something. I looked back and started walking right back to The Finer Diner. When I opened the door the little bell at the top of the door rung and Rick looked right in my direction.

"Don't look at me", is what I wanted to say, but I think the way I glared at him said enough. Then two very slutty girls walked by his sides rubbing his face and stuff. That sh*t reminds me of Marcus. How girls are willing to do anything for a guys attention. I learned my lesson about that. Then I saw Dan coming from the employees lounge.

"Hey Kimari...why you holding Leda? Isn't that what strollers are for?", he said. The stroller!
"Have you seen it?"
"Nope''. Damn...that's a waste of a $90.00 stroller.
"Oh...well that was all...see you Monday'', I said trying to seem not pissed off.

I was walking out of the parking lot into the mildly cold February weather. No one was walking on the sidewalks and cars barely past by. No one came on this side of town unless they seriously have to. There was so much grafiti on old brick apartment buildings that have been boarded up and drug dealer were on almost every two or three blocks. I hate this place. One day I'm gonna get me and Leda outta here. The only people who keeps my head held high while living in this place is Dan and Cindy. Dan's more of a father to me than my real dad will ever be and Cindy's basically my sister. She's older than me by like 2 months even though I act older.

I tapped the edge of Leda's black and pink diaper bag that was on my shoulder and felt my cell-phone. I took it out and held it in my hand. You never know what could happen living in a place like this. Leda was asleep and was drooling on my shirt. My hair was in a messy ponytail to the back as I walked the 6 blocks home.