05 | Award Shows

[rewritten]

"So, Cody owns the car?" Trevor asks as he buttons up his blue shirt. I nod. 

"I don't know why he would need to know where we live or how he found out." I say sighing.

 "I could have a word with him." He says clenching his fist.

 "No, no, no." I say stopping him from walking any further towards the door. "We've grown from that Trev." I say hugging him. "Laura and I can't have you getting hurt." I say looking up at his taller frame. 

"Alright." He says nodding.

"Let's just go to the ceremony and forget about that for tonight." I say zipping up my heels. "Now let's go handsome." I say smiling and grabbing his hand.
-
We were currently waiting on the interviewer in front of us to get his mic ready. "Alright, I am ready guys." He says counting down from five.

"Alright, Trevor you've been teasing us for quite some time now. Tell me, when is the album releasing?" The guy says with such enthusiasm. 

"I should've known that was the first question being asked. Honestly, I've been working so hard and she's been making sure I be in my right mindset." He says glancing at me making my cheeks heat up. "So I would say around winter." He says nodding.

"Okay, speaking of right mindset, how do you continue to make music knowing you haven't lost your touch." He says leaning a little closer for dramatic effect. I felt a flash go off from the corner of my eye but paid no mind. We're at an award show, it's a thousand pictures being taken.

"I honestly take feedback really nicely. If I know it's coming from a true fan or someone who isn't being bitter, I take the advice. Some of my fans are my biggest critics and I do it for them." He says and I nod.
-
The interview went on for about ten more minutes before our limo arrived. "You good?" He asks as we slip into the limo. 

"Of course." I say kissing his cheek. "I'm really proud of you." I say honestly.

 "Thank you so much Zee. I know you're still getting used to being exposed more, yet you always come and support me. I couldn't ask for a better one." He says kissing my lips. I grasp his hand in mind and look out the tinted windows. It was extremely noisy yet it felt like they didn't exist. If only it'll be like this all the time. No Cody, no strange cars, and no one attempting to break our small family apart.

"When are we getting Laura again?" I ask breaking the silence. He thinks for a couple seconds before replying, 

"I think in a few days. I haven't talked to her mother but her grandmother seems to be the only sane person in the family." He says sighing. 

"Thank god you won't have to ever go through that situation again." I say still looking out the window. 

"Yeah, cause you definitely gone be the one to give birth to my next baby." He says biting his lips. "Trevor! Ain't no baby coming out of me no time soon." I say trying to escape his hold. 

"We'll see about that." He says laughing then shooting me a wink.

This boy is gonna be the death of me.
-
I was tired out by time we got home. I threw my heels off and flopped onto the couch, I probably tracked in glitter but I don't care. I felt the cushion next to me sink in and my body being dragged into his lap. "We're gonna regret sleeping in this shit tomorrow." He chuckles and I nod. "Big time."
-