Ch. 20

Barowulf

Monty's P.O.V

"They say he's been outta the country since he got Logan taken away. However since Christopher is a computer genius. We found something they didn't."

Jas smiled lightly before patting Chris on the shoulder. Chris had a light blush run across his cheeks as he typed away on the computer.

He's so cute. God I want him. Barowulf whispered in my head. I smiled lightly at him but he wasn't even looking at me.

"Yes she's right. Somehow he cloaked himself from the Supernaturals therefore stopping them from finding where he truly was."

I rolled my eyes at his cuteness. He was rambling on yet again. He was the cuteness person I've ever seen. He was my mate after all.

"Chris you're rambling again hun. Breath and then talk." He laughed under his breath. "Okay okay." I could see his blush.

"Anyways like I was saying the reason why Supernaturals haven't been able to find him is because he's moving around." He emphasized on the last words.

"Wait wait wait." Tom finally spoke, removing his head from Jasmine's neck. "What do you mean moving around?"

"Well you see, like the King said there is another warlock involved. I felt the power when Monty came back. Only someone powerful would leave their aura.

It also gave me an idea of who exactly would be stupid enough to work for or with Anderson and then I remembered while going through his files I found something.

When Anderson was twelve years old his parents found a baby on the steps of thier mansion. They took the baby in and cared for him.

When the baby hit the age of ten they found out he was a warlock. Anderson loved the kid like a brother and they stayed that way.

Even after Logan came and was taken away when Anderson 'left the country'" Chris said putting his fingers up air quoting.

"Get to the point." Tom spoke rolling his eyes. Barowulf growled in my head. His disrespect to my mate wasn't good.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Going on, Anderson's brother would do anything for him including get Logan back.

I believe that they've been working on this plain since he lost Logan. I believe no one even knew about the adopted brother.

So when they both left his parents didn't think to tell someone about both of them. However since his brother is a powerful warlock. Like myself."

Chris had a smug look on his face, which was super super cute! "He'd also have enough power to cloak a building for years."

"No way!"  Jas yelled looking excited. "Hush up Jasmine." Chris lightly snapped at her making her quickly quite down and Tom to growl at him.

He dare growl at our mate! Barowulf snapped. It took everything in my power not to snap back at him and use my alpha power.

"Same goes to you Thomas. Let me finish. Why can't you be more like Monty. He's quietly listening." I smiled lightly and turned away.

A blush was making it's way to my face and I didn't want anyone to see it. "Chris just go on." I spoke nodding to him.

"Anyways, he'd be able to cloak a whole house and transport it anywhere he'd need it to be. Or in other words where Anderson needs it to be.

So my theory is that he never left and was always near Logan. Like he kept the house cloaked and went where ever Logan was."

My eyes widened at this. Chris was right. Anderson would never want to be far away from Logan. So he'd be close to him as possible.

"That's a good theory Chris! Jas, Tom go get the others and start packing well be going to the Kings house to get stuff of Logans to track."

They nodded and ran off. My eyes turned to look at Chris. Taking a deep breath in, I slowly walked over to him.

"You did good." I said putting my hand on his shoulder. Sparks filled my body and god I wished Chris could feel this too.

"Thank you Monty!" Chris said as he stood up. I held my breath. My eyes moving over Chris even though I would always remember what he looked like.

Chris had pale beautiful skin. Pure white hair with hints of gray and black here and there, all spiked up. His eyes were a dark green. Like fresh grass.

He had two lips piercings on his bottom lip and his smell. God his smell. He smelled of old books. It was my drug.

Chris was my drug.

I was so lost in thought I didn't realize how close Chris and I truly where. His face was inches from mine and our lips where close to touching.

All I had to do was lean down, take his face in my hands and kiss him. Kiss him long and hard and show him i loved him.

Yet I couldn't.

Chris was lost to me. He was standing on his toes as if he wanted to kiss me. I could feel his breath on my lips when he breathed.

I want my mate! Barowulf cried in my head. We where so close and yet so far. My hands moved to his waist to stop him. My eyes looked into his.

He looked hurt. He looked so sad. If only he knew what I was feeling. If only he knew the pain I was in. Closing my eyes I shighed.

"Chris I'm sorry but we can't. Not while we're on the job and you might have your mate waiting for you somewhere."

I say this because Chris is a warlock. In some circumstances warlocks don't have a mate. Even if they are a mate to someone.

I just have to wait and pray that Chris will have a mate. And if he does goddess I pray I am his mate. That would make my life.

Opening my eyes I was met with teary eyed Chirs. "Monty I don't want my mate!" He snapped moving away from me making my whole body freeze.

Barowulf howled in pain and I almost gave into the pain and fell to my knees but I held strong. "Chirs you can't mean that everybody wants thier mate." I said quickly.

"Fuck that! Monty I don't want my mate. I want you! I've always wanted you. Why can't you see that?!" He yelled throwing his hands up in the air.

I wanted to scream and jump for joy. He wanted me. I couldn't wait til his birthday. What if we tell him now??? Barowulf asked hopefully.

We can't. The job. I said back. He'll find out in four days. It was the truth Chirs was gonna be 21 in four days.

"Chirs you'll be twenty-one in four days." January 6th 12:00 a.m. "Wait for your mate please. Beside we have a job to do. We can not be distracted."

He rolled his eyes before saying. "Of course Alpha."  He all but spat the word at me. With that he walked out. Leaving me and Barowulf with a pain filled heart behind.