Ch. 29

Please read

Logan's P.O.V

I stood outside of the door. My heart was pounding in my chest still from the adventures that had just happened.

The handle of the door looked cold and I was scared to even touch it. It's been sixteen days. Sixteen fucking days.

Anderson kept me locked away for his own dirty little pleasers. Kept me away from everyone. Closing my eyes I remember when it started.

The voice.

It started after I left Anderson. Most likely Jaocbs doing with a spell. My veins boiled with just the thought of Jaocbs and his spells.

Jaocbs had put a spell on Asher to make him think they where mates. In the end Asher was just another pon in this sick twisted game.

I felt tears in my eyes at the thought of what happened. Asher running past me. Telling me he's so sorry then he leaves.

I ran after him. Scared. I remember pounding on the door. Begging Ahser to let me in. Begging him not to do anything stupid.

Then the gun shot. I can't begin to describe the way I felt hearing that shot coming from inside the room it hurt.

Asher, even though after all he did, was still my friend. The only friend I had and I lost him. I lost him because of Anderson.

After getting into the room, something keeping me from getting to him in time. No Doubt Jaocbs put another spell out.

I found his body. I moved him out of the room into the light so his soul could move on, hopefully. Then they came.

Anderson and Jaocbs around the corner. I saw them and just opened my mouth to yell at them. To my surprise I am a banshee.

Then the Hybrid Pack came and saved me. I got to know them on the way back. Monty filling me in mostly because I felt safer with him.

He also explained that the reason for that was because his hellhound Barowulf's soul was tied to mine. It was a hellhound thing.

I didn't mine however. I felt safe around Monty, which explains why I ran to him when I first saw him at Anderson's house.

"Are you just gonna stand there or go in?" A soft voice asked me. I turned around looking at Monty who stood in the door down the hall.

I could see Chris peeking around Monty's large frame. Chris told me that he was Monty's mate. I found it cute.

"I don't know..." I truthfully told him turning back around to the door. I was scared. So fucking scared to just open that door.

I heard his heavy footsteps walking to me. I felt his arms wrap around my chest holding me close to his body.

I could feel my body shaking as he nuzzled his head into my hair. "Breath." He whispered to me. His voice calming me down.

"Breath with me." He took a breathe in. "In." Then he let it out. "And out." I let my eyes close and I followed his lead. Breathing in and out.

Finally my hand found the doorknob again. I felt Monty let go of me slowly as I twisted the knob hearing the click meaning it opened.

My feet moved slowly, each step lifting an investable weight from my shoulders. The pain leaving suddenly from my body.

Each step I took to my mate I felt better. I found myself standing by his bed. He looked bad. So very bad.

Pale skin, his heart barely beating. I wanted to scream. Predict death. I held back as I put my hand on his cold skin.

As soon as my hand touched his sick sparks ran up my body. I gasped at the shock and almost fell. Chaz's heart monitor went crazy.