Ch. 22

Chris's eyes when he uses his powers

Monty's P.O.V

He didn't tell me! I can't believe he didn't think to tell me! I growled in my head as I paced back and forth in my room.

Why would he tell us? Barowulf sadly asked. He doesn't know. I growled before slaming my hands on the desk in my room. I watched as it split in two.

"Do that again and you'll be paying for it." A soft voice broke though. I grlowed getting in the face of the head maid, Mary.

"Oh please you don't scare me." She snapped hitting my noise. I yelped in surprise. I have respect for this one. Barowulf spoke. I nodded in agreement.

"Now stop being so damn pissed off, pardon my french, and go talk to your mate." She said moving to clean up the mess I made.

I looked at her in surprise, "h-how did you-" "Honey please I have been through the mating process. I watch the King and Queen find each other.

I had to help Chaz and Logon. I know mates when I see one. I'm sorry if he has someone else or isn't mated." Mary spoke softly looking at me.

I nodded before taking off down the halls following the beautiful smell of my mate to the spell room. The King had one for warlocks and witches.

"Chris?" I asked as I ducked books flying around the room

"Chris?" I asked as I ducked books flying around the room. He turned to look at me my heart stopping as his electric green eyes stared back at me.

Barowulf growled in my head. Little me got hard as I looked back at him. My eyes changing color quickly to my red before I shook that away.

"Yes Alpha?" He asked as he looked back at his books. "Um..." I couldn't tell him now. I had to think of something else to say.

"How is the spell coming? Are you almost done?" I could practically see him roll his eyes. "It's coming along fine." His voice was sharp.

I nodded and looked down at my feet rubbing the back of my neck before shighing. "Um okay good good. Dinner is almost ready and um Mary baked up a birthday cake for tomorrow."

He grunted at me before turning to look at me. His hand flying up pink sparks shooting out to me. I felt weak as I was dragged to him.

"You're just fine with this?" He asked. His green eyes looking into my whole being. "Even if it could kill me. Even if I have a mate out there that I might be getting tomorrow?"

I couldn't speak. I didn't know what to say. He was so close to me. I could take him right now and god I wanted to take him.

Chris shighed before using his magic to push me all the way out if the room. Leaving him alone.

.
.
.
.
.

He didn't even come down to dinner. I waited for him to show. My heart pounding in my chest. The King and Princess Ava both looked at me with worry.

They can hear my heart. I thought stupidly. Of course they can. Werewolves remember? I nodded in agreement. Barowulf was right.

Dinner was quite and a feeling of sadness hung over the room. Chris not being here made it all worse. Once we were done I got up to leave.

"Monty!" King Terrance yelled at me. I froze where I stood slowly turning around to look at him. "Yes your highness?" I asked.

"Stop holding out." The Kings words shocked me but before I could ask him what he ment he went on. "Go to your mate. Regardless if you are his.

He'll find out if he has one in a few more hours. Just go to him. Tell him. Show him what a mate is. What a mate will do for thier other half."

I was shocked that I couldn't even speak. Even when King Terrance had already left the room. He just basically said we can go fuck our mate! Barowulf growled.

Make love. I snapped back. Let me out! I want my mate! I WANT CHRISTOPHER!!! It was getting harder to control him.

I closed my eyes taking a deep breath before running outside. I had to clam down before I went to him. I ran through the woods as I thought of my plan.

.
.
.
.
.

I shighed as I felt the warm water fall over my body. Barowulf was growling in my head as my thoughts moved to Chris.

By the time I had gotten back Chris was back to work and I tried to talk to him but only got a book thrown at me. After that I left sadly alone.

Barowulf was trying to break free and go back to Chris. To take him where he stands and show him that he's our mate and no one else's.

God as much as that sounds good I couldn't just take him. I could scare him. Oh and god if he ended up having a mate and it wasn't me.

I shighed before turning the now cold water off and wrapping a towel around my waist. I moved to get out of the shower running my hands through my wet hair.

I ran my hand over the mirror in the bathroom so I could look at myself. My eyes looked dull. Filled with pain. I looked at my phone to check the time.

Two minutes til Chirs' birthday. No wounder I look like crap. I shighed before making my way to my room, grabbing another towel on my way out.

I ran the towel over my hair trying to dry it as best as possible. The team and I would be waiting near Chris as he finished the spell in the morning.

Why the spell had to be done in two days ending on his birthday I'd never know. Pulling the towel away from my hair I moved to go to my closest.

Until a knock stopped me. I turned to look at my door. The old book smell filling my noise. I quickly moved to open the door.

Chris stood in the door His eyes slowly moving over my body before changing to his green eyes and moving up to mine again.

Barowulf took over for a second, my eyes changing colors quickly before changing back. "Chris?" I asked my voice sounding different.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" I asked just then remembering that I was only in a towel and Chris was looking at me with his sexy green eyes.

"I thought I'd sleep better with my mate." His voice was deep and course. My heart stopped as I heard those words leave his mouth.

Barowulf broke my control over him and took over.