Five

"Are you and Olivia together?" Maddy asks, walking into the kitchen with her blanket wrapped around her.

I turn to look at her up from my phone.

"Come; sit." I say, nodding my head toward the other seat. She walks across from me, sitting down. "Maddy, it really means a lot to me how-"

"I know." She smiles. "Are you gonna answer my question?"

"Yes." I say.

"How long have you been..?"

"Only a couple of days." I say.

"Have you always been.. You know.." She trails off and I can understand how awkward and strange this must be for her.

"Gay?" I finish. "No. Not til she came along, Maddy."

"Are you going to cut your hair short and dress in guy clothes?" She asks and I can't help but feel a bit insulted.

"No, Maddy." I say, scrunching my nose. "I am still me-"

A pounding on the door has me on my feet in minutes. I look over to Maddy whose as terrified as I am. The pounding comes again and I spot Mason by the steps, staring over at Maddy and I.

I slowly get up, walking to the door. I tell Maddy to take Mason upstairs and she does after objecting a bit. I look through the peephole to see the person who I was least expecting. Lily.

I open the door.

"Lily, is something going on?" I ask, frantic.

"Darcy, you need to leave." She says, out of breath. "Right now, you need to leave now!"

"What?" I say, trying to grasp her words. Leave? "Why? What's going on, Lily?"

The sound of a gunshot goes off and Lily collapses. Right in front of my eyes...

A pool of blood starts to form and I start to freak out.

I look up and see him. The guy that killed my father. He has a gun pointed straight up at me.

I slam the door shut, running upstairs to Maddy's room where her and Mason are at.

"Darcy, what's going on?" Maddy asks, tears in her eyes.

"Get your bags, we are leaving." I say, running over to my room to grab my bag.

I go into my closet, grabbing the bag that I wished I never had to use, throwing my phone in there along with my shoes. I run back out to see Maddy and Mason in the hallway.

We walk down the steps quietly. As quiet as possible.

When we get to the bottom of the steps, I take a turn for the back. I enter the garage and see 2 cars.

One is an SUV and the other is a dark blue sports car. I quickly decide on the SUV and reach over to grab the keys on the hook while telling the two to get in the car.

I grab the keys and grab the bag that is sitting in the garage. It's covered in dust and has stuff in it like a first aid kit, shoes, extra clothes.

I get in the car, throwing the bag in the back as I put the key in the ignition.

I push the button for the garage and watch it open, getting impatient.

"Hang on." I whisper, mostly to myself but I see Maddy turn around and frantically grab her seatbelt.

As soon as the garage door gets open enough, I stomp my foot on the gas, speeding out of the place. Soon I'm on the road, and going straight for Olivia's.

There's no doubt that they'll be after her soon. I can't just leave her here in town while I flee without a word. They will probably see that I am not in the house and go after Olivia for questions.

I stop at a light and the reality hits me.

Lily's dead, I'm on my own now with my siblings. The cops are going to get involved..

This is bad..

In a car full of silence but also high intensity of panic, I reach Olivia's apartment.

Too scared of leaving Maddy and Mason here in the car by themselves, I take them with me. I run up the stairs in complete darkness, managing to find Olivia's apartment.

I knock on Olivia's door and after a while of knocking, she finally answers. At least I thought it was her.

It's another girl, whose in shorts that show her ass off and a tank top. What the fuck?

"Hello?" She asks. "Who are you?"

"Darcy." I say, shoving my way through the door.

My fists go in balls as I look around for her. For Olivia.

"Who are you?" I spit, turning around with Maddy and Mason to face her.

"My name is Cassie." She says, not looking scared at all. She looks quite calm. "And you are..?"

"Darcy. I told you." I say, searching around for Olivia.

And then I hear it. A muffled scream coming from the bathroom. I run to the bathroom, slamming the door open.

I take in my scenery, two guys have Olivia pinned down. The girl comes in from behind me, laughing.

"God, you're so stupid!" She chuckles, going over to the guys.

I watch her crouch down to Olivia, stroking her arm as Olivia glares at her, trying to inch away.

"Maddy, go outside." I say.

I turn to her and she's just staring at me with horror, not wanting to leave me.

"Darcy, I can't-"

"Go." I sternly say, pushing her shoulder slightly so she knows I'm serious.

She gives me one last look before leaving the room. I turn back to the guys, seeing one is standing now.

"You shouldn't have done this." I shake my head, stepping a little closer to him.

"Do your best, little girl!" He snarls, giving off a smirk.

I go closer to him, standing in front of him.

Then he ends up throwing the first punch. I'm shocked at his intensity on the first shot and stumble back but quickly regain my balance, going at him.

I kick him in the chest, making him fall completely backward. When the other guy starts coming toward me, I throw a punch at him.

The girl then starts coming at me so I bash her face in with my own, not caring because it's obvious that she was just a prop, used to draw me into the apartment.