Seventeen

"I told you!" I cry. "I have no idea where he is!"

The guy stares down at me, glancing over toward Olivia.

"Maybe we should start with your girlfriend then." He grins, walking over to her.

He grabs her hair, making her whimper.

"Let go of her!" I cry. "Please!"

"Tell us where he is!" He demands.

"I don't know!" I holler back.

"Well-"

"I'm right here." A voice calls and I jerk my head toward the door, seeing who I least unexpected. My dad.

"Dad?" I cry, watching him walk over to the middle of the room.

"Get him!" The guy yells out and two men go after him.

My father punches them, watching them stumble back with their hands over their noses.

"I came here to talk, Todd." He says, stepping closer to the guy, who I presume is Todd.

I still can't believe my dad's here! After all these years! He looks like a homeless person, almost.

"About what?" He spits, stepping a bit back from my dad, appearing a bit scared.

"About Mia." My dad sighs, then all of a sudden, charges after Todd.

He grabs ahold of his collar and holds him against the wall so he can't escape.

"Let go of me, you bastard!" Todd screams but my dad does nothing.

"Listen here," My dad growls. "You didn't think I heard whenever you tried to kiss her? When you tried to touch her? You didn't think I heard the phone ring every night until we got a new number, did you?"

"She never loved you!" Todd spits.

"Oh, really? I was the one there to comfort her after the miscarriage-"

"Which was your fault!" Todd points out, causing my dad to raise his fist and hit him.

"Yeah, it might have been my fault, but at least I was there, at least she forgave me. At least she loved me!"

"Fuck you!" Todd spits, blood spewing out of his mouth and into my father's face.

"She was my girl way before she even met you," My father continues. "And you're not going to hurt my family ever again, do you hear me?"

"Oh, you have it coming, big guy!" Todd laughs hysterically.

"I don't know what your problem is! You killed the love of my life!" My father cries. "I've spent months, an entire year searching for you! And now that I've finally got you, I'm not letting you slip away that easily!"

My father grabs his head, smashing it against the wall behind him. I cringe.

When he makes sure he's unable to really protect himself, my father drags Todd to an empty chair, sitting him in it. He grabs rope from the corner, tying him up as best as he can.

I still have tears rolling down my cheeks. All sorts of emotion running through me. Anger, sadness, scaredness. If that's even a word!

I look away for a second to set my eyes on Olivia. Her head is drooped down, seeming like she's passed out.

So I turn back to my father, and when I do, he's walking toward Mason and Maddy.

"My god, are you guys okay?" He asks, his voice strained.

He removes the cloth from over their eyes, and their jaws drop as tears well in their eyes.

"Daddy?" Mason asks, tears rolling down his cheeks.

My dad nods, tears in his eyes too as he tries to untie them. And when he succeeds, the two jump into his arms, hugging him so tight.

"Darcy!" I hear Olivia gasp from beside me and jerk my head to her. "Oh, my god! What happened?"

My father's head turns to me with a grin on his face as he unties me. Mason and Maddy untie Olivia as my father unties me.

I wrap my arms around my father with tears rolling down my cheeks. Soon enough, Mason and Maddy join too..

Then I see Olivia out of the corner of my eye, standing there awkwardly, staring at us.

I pull back.

"What're you doing all the way over there?" I ask, giving her a slight smile.

Her eyes focus on me, trying to find the right words.

"I don't want to interrupt your family moment." She says.

"What're you talking about?" I laugh. "You are family!"

I grab her hand, pulling her closer to me while she has the biggest grin on her face.