Twelve

I lift my back so Olivia is able to slide my shirt off, tossing it to the side. She continues to kiss me, her hands travelling to my sweats before tugging them off.

And only for a fraction of a second, do I think we are going to fast. Then it starts to ponder.

We've known each other for how long? Not even a week? And we are already getting down and dirty?

Olivia leaves wet kisses down my stomach, stopping at my hips before making her way back up to my lips.

A thud comes from the opposite side of the wall and Olivia looks up to me with a questioning look. I continue to listen but nothing else comes.

"What was that?" Olivia asks.

"I don't know." I say. "Maddy probably fell or something, haha."

Olivia reconnects our lips before another thud comes from the wall. I sigh, really not wanting to get up and check. But I kind of have to because my curiosity is eating at me.

"Don't go.." Olivia whines as I crawl out of bed, pulling on my sweats.

"I'll be right back." I say, pulling my shirt over my head and rushing over to the other room.

"What did you two not understand about-"

I stop in my tracks, standing in the doorway. The room is empty, no one is in here. No kids, especially.

I freeze for a second before running into the room, starting to flip pillows and looking under the beds. No..

THIS CAN NOT BE HAPPENING! THEY WERE JUST HERE!

I can't find them, they're no where. I find myself shaking and bawling my eyes out as I run out of the room, running into Olivia who looks relatively concerned.

"They're gone!" I freak to her, running up the steps and into the kitchen upstairs. "Where are they, where are they, where are they.."

I just repeat the same words over and over again, losing it. They held me together, they're the only reason I kept myself together, and now that they're gone.. I..

Where are they? They have to be somewhere! People don't just get up and disappear! I wasn't even in my room for 30 minutes!

This is all my fault! As soon as I heard the first thud, I should've ran over there, I could've prevented this! I should have made all of us share a room!

I search all over the house, causing everyone to stir awake and come out of their rooms, irritated.

But I don't give a damn if I woke them up, two of the most important people in my life are missing and I'm held responsible!

I hear Olivia calling my name, trying to get me to calm down, but I'm not listening, I'm just looking. Looking everywhere!

"Darcy?" Mark's voice gets through but I don't acknowledge it. "Darcy, look at me."

I feel a pair of hands wrap around my wrist and it takes my whole self control not to automatically raise my hand and hit him. Because I can not be touched in a state like this, I'll go insane.

"Please, let go of me." I say, jerking my hand out of his grip. "They're gone, it's my fault..."

"What do you mean gone?" He asks, starting to get a bit panic stricken himself.

"They're gone!" I bawl. "They're nowhere!"

Mark runs downstairs as I just continue to stand there bawling, eventually falling to the floor.

Then the phone rings, the house phone. Aubrey picks it up and I look at her face as it turns to horrid.

"What!" I ask, standing to my feet quickly and standing in front of her, trying to listen to the conversation over the phone.

Without hesitation, I grab the phone from her hands and put it to mine.

"Listen here you sick son of a bitch, if you so happen lay a fucking finger on them, you're so much as to dead!" I yell, causing Mark to start to run back up the steps.

Then the line goes dead. I throw the phone down to the floor in frustration, running downstairs with everyone hot on my heels.

I go down to the basement, to their room where they were staying and see the window open.

I run back upstairs again and grab my keys, throwing my coat on.

"Where are you going, Darcy?" Olivia asks, watching me put my shoes on.

"I'm going to find them. And you can either stay here or come with me, either way, I'm going!" I say.

"You don't even know where they're at!" Mark says.

"I have to try! If we get the cops, they won't do anything!" I say, opening the door. "They'll just sit on their asses like they did last time!"

Olivia grabs her coat as I stand there with the door open, watching her rush with her things and put her shoes on while inching toward the door.

After she's done, I unlock the car and get in, starting it up as I watch her climb in.