Farewell, Marowak

Hey there! Don't mind any spelling or grammatical errors, I wrote this at 1 in the morning xD

This contains:
Spoilers and the death of a Pokémon. Read to your own risk.

Anywho, let's get started!

°

The beast was going insane.

After Moon had been sent on her final UB mission by Looker, her Pokémon had only put UB Guzzlord in sheer anger.

Most of her Pokémon had fainted. She used up all her revives. All her medical supplies. Not even the Silvally she had received from Gladion had lasted long against the monster that was now hunting her throughout Resolution Cave.

Her Marowak had began to let out cries to Rotom Dex.

"Rotom, what's he doing?"

The Pokédex came out of her bag after a while of scrambling through the few items she had left, floating beside her.

"Marowak said Run, zzzzt. And don't look back."

Wasn't she already doing that? She was interrupted when Guzzlord smashed through the walls of the cave. It was gaining speed.

Before she knew it, Marowak had jumped on her back, it's grip tight. She could feel her shirt becoming damp.

Marowak grumbled something, which made Rotom Dex spin around to face it. "Zzzzzt! Marowak, don't! We can outrun thizzz thing!" Rotom cried, staring at it with intense eyes.

Marowak knew though. Guzzlord was a killing machine that wasn't gonna stop.

"Mar...Owak-wak."

That's the last thing she had heard from Marowak, before the Pokémon broke their embrace, rolling on the ground before stopping in front of Guzzlord with intense and determined eyes, which also held both fear and sadness.

"Marowak, zzzt, Come b-back here!" The Pokédex cried, facing towards the Pokémon who stood up strong against the Guzzlord.

Marowak felt tears running down it's face, holding it's bone up in front of the Ultra Beast's huge mouth.

All it wanted was to protect it's trainer, and that's exactly what it did.

Moon heard the loud cries of both Marowak and Guzzlord, as well as a ton of cracks and snaps that grew distant as they neared the cave exit.

Even though Rotom was a Pokédex, it's eyes where dull.

What it has saw is something it might never forget.

X • X • X

Looker had to take care of the Ultra Beast while Moon's Pokémon went into the pokécenter for emergency care.

Eventually Looker came back. The man was holding Marowak like a small child, peacefully sleeping.

Moon jumped up happily, but Rotom didn't move at all. It stared at Marowak with sadness. So did Looker.

"What's wrong with you two? Marowak saved us! Let's get him healed an-"

"Moon," Looker interrupted the Champion, shaking his head.

"Do you wanna know where I found Marowak?"

Moon paused. Why would he say that? Despite it, she nodded slowly, eyes narrowing.

"Marowak had been impaled on Guzzlord's outer yellow row of teeth."

The officer leaned over to show her.