Thank You.

Years had passed since you reached the top of the Alola Region. Since you became Champion and beat the trials.

But today, the unexplainable happened. Elio, Sun, your friend, beat you in a battle. For the first time, your title was ripped from your hands with ease.

You watched your mighty Golisopod turn around from being hit, the bug type you held close and never let you down once have you a sheepish smile before fainting. It was over. The battle was lost.

The other boy held a hand out happily, his last Pokemon- his Dragonair trailing behind with a happy look on it's face.

"Congratulations." The words came out slowly. You where speechless. He trained hard for this moment, and he deserved it. Your best friend was now unstoppable.

You had packed up your things a month later. Alola was nice, but you decided it was time you set your views on somewhere else. In johto. New Pokémon to discover, and you could finally challenge gyms instead of trials.

Golisopod and Lucario helped you carry your things onto the boat which was leaving rather soon. After placing your luggage in a safe place, you went to seat yourself down near a window. You had said your goodbyes earlier, and promised that one day you would return. But you didn't get to say goodbye to one person.

Your heart shattered into a million pieces. You looked for the Aether President everywhere, but he was nowhere to be found. Lillie had forced you out when you would be late for the boat, apologizing her brother couldn't be there.

You loved him. You really did. From the moment he defeated you with his mysterious Pokémon Type:Null, you found yourself attracted to him in a million different ways. The last time you two spoke was a week ago, and that was accidentally running into him while doing some last minute shopping.

You then remembered the Type:Null he gave you. You never used it once, but it was always with you. You never used it before.

The ship began to move. With a sigh, you looked ahead at the empty seats of the first class section. But Golisopod urged you to look out the window after a few moments.

And when you did, you felt a wave of relief pour over you. There he was in all his edgy glory, standing on the dock and looking directly at you. Pain stabbed you as he waved, and you shakily waved back. You felt tears prick at your eyes, but you wouldn't cry. Not while he was watching.

He flashed you a broken but caring smile, and the boat moved faster, away from him and MeleMele island.

You let them slip. Finally, tears fell from your eyes when you looked back down. Not because you where entirely sad, because you where happy. Happy he came to say goodbye in some way before you left.

You felt your heart hammer all over again like it did when you first saw him and all his depressed glory.

You would return. You'd return for him.

"Goodbye, Gladion."

"Thank you for being my rival."

"I wouldn't have got here without you."