{request} Gladion x Shy!Reader

We have another overprotective Golisopod in this story as well.

°

Let's be honest. You barely enjoy talking with anyone who isn't a close friend. That's probably why you felt like killing Lillie when she screamed;

"You need to tell Gladion how you feel already!"

When you where around the older boy, you always found yourself at a loss for words or actions.

"I shouldn't need to tell him." You muttered into the phone, clearly annoyed. "I'm pretty sure it's obvious already."

"Last time we met up, he started questioning me why you don't talk at all. What else am I supposed to say?"

"Don't say anything." You replied stubbornly. "He doesn't need to know, so he won't."

"Being so quiet to a point where he, and a few other people are annoyed with you isn't a good thing."

For once, Lillie seemed angry, e en raising her voice. Your Golisopod was on your bed, watching you. When it heard Lillie raise her voice, it let out a noise even louder as a warning.

"Using your Pokémon to get your point across, so you don't need to talk? Fine. I won't force it."

With that, Lillie hung up.

You looked back at Golisopod. "What did you do?"

The bug Pokémon simply shrugged.

The next day, you where woken up by someone banging on your door. Golisopod rolled off the base of your bed when you sat up, shuffling your way to the door. Golisopod pushed you out of the way, swinging it open.

There stood Guzma.

"Taking care of your Golisopod good?"

Your Golisopod felt uncomfortable, and pushed you in front of it. (What a dick.)

"Why are you here?"

The older man leaned on the doorframe, his face twisting a bit.

"Lillie told me what happened yesterday. Uncle Guzma, isn't very happy. Look kiddo, I know she said that your silence is annoying. She spent half an hour yapping at me about it yesterday. But I don't find you annoying one bit. But honestly, I think it's about time you did say something to him."

You tilted your head. "What if he's not interested?"

"Kiddo, look. I know how much of a jerk he can be," Guzma began, making you nod in agreement. "But I can assure he'd never turn you down, (Y/N)."

"He's turned down everyone that had interest in him, including one of your grunts. What makes you think I'm special?" Golisopod put it's claws on your shoulder in an attempt to comfort you.

The white haired man grinned. "Because your boy Guzma knows everything."

He grabbed your arm, pulling you towards the Hau'oli City beach (I probably spelt that wrong.)

However, near the bottom was Hau, Lillie, and of course, Gladion.

Golisopod being part water type, brightened instantly and picked you up, dashing down to the water.

"GOLISOPOD!" You yelled, catching the three's attention while Guzma followed behind you.

Golisopod jumped straight into the water, letting you go once knee deep. The Pokémon was happy, and that was all that really mattered to you.

"Over here, (Y/N!)"

Hau waved you over, Golisopod pulling you out of the water and over to them.

Guzma sat down beside you, leaning back on the blanket that Lillie had spread out.

"So what's new in the quiet world of the Champion?" Lillie prodded.

You found out you lost your will to talk with Gladion watching you steadily.

Golisopod pulled at your bag, pulling out a ton of colorful glass shards and presenting them proudly.

"Exploring on Poké Pelago?" Lillie teased, Golisopod nodding happily. Thank god the Pokémon knew how to cover your awkwardness.

Golisopod began poking around at the shards, as if he was out of ideas. Now you actually needed to talk.

"Golisopod also got attacked by a pack of Lycanroc when training the other day."

Hau looked a bit shocked, yelling at you to spill the story.

After explaining, Hau patted the Bug Pokémon's head. "Poor guy."

Lillie shook her head with a sigh. "I told you that Lycanroc are dangerous in big groups."

"I didn't remember that until after Golisopod dropped over off the tree trunk bridge before the dragon trial entrance." You chuckled nervously, scratching the back of your neck.

After a while, you decided it was best to split up.

However a familiar hand grabbed your shoulder.

You glanced back, eyes wide. It was Gladion.

Your rival crossed his arms, leaning over you a bit. "You weren't damaged by those Lycanroc, where you?" He asked in a worried tone.

You shook your head, but Golisopod grabbed your arm, raising the sleeve gently. The base of your arm was wrapped up.

Right. Golisopod was trying to push the pack of the ledge of the tree bridge, but had let one sneak by and get to you.

"It's nothing serious, anyway." You muttered softly.

"Right. My rival can't even properly take care of her wounds." He growled.

He made you stay for a while longer, properly cleaning and wrapping the wound. "Out of curiosity, had Guzma said anything to you when he was over?" He asked.

You shook your head.

"Don't get quiet on me again." He grumbled, for once a scowl not on his face.

You raised an eyebrow at him, head tilted.

Golisopod nudged your shoulder,  a huge grin present on the Pokémon.

Gladion looked away, his face tinted red. "I almost forgot how beautiful your voice was until you spoke today." He muttered quietly.

Golisopod wiggled it's antenna at the two of you, it's grin only getting wider. You, on the other hand, where as red as a tomato.

"Let's just get to the point already." He sighed, covering Golisopod's eyes. "Sorry pal, you're a bit to young to see this."

The taller blonde grabbed your hand, pulling you a bit closer and pecking your lips with a light kiss.

You where a bit shocked, no lie, so you just looked down.

"I don't think the terms rivals fits us anymore." He mused, his breath causing a tingling sensation on your cheek.

Clearly Golisopod was confused, because it let out a loud whine, trying to away his hand away, but failing miserably.

He uncovered it's eyes, a smirk on his face. "I'll see you tomorrow." He purred, turning around with his hands in his pockets.

Golisopod prodded you, whining because it wanted an explanation. But you just quietly giggled to yourself. "It was nothing." You assured.

The bug Pokémon let out a cry of confusion, looking back at Gladion, who just had a Ride Pokémon arrive.

"Let's go home."

The Bug type grabbed your hand, glaring over it's shoulder at Gladion every once in a while.

"Don't worry Golisopod. Just be excited for tomorrow."

You only said this, because you couldn't wait for the next day to come.