Blood Ties

"We've arrived in Leipzig, Germany, the most current location for Vandal Savage. And by the way, Captain, you are urgently needed in the MedBay." Gideon told us. I was told to stay in the main room of the ship while dad, Stein, and Dr. Palmer check what is wrong with Kendra.

"Pieces of the dagger have apparently broken off and are, as we speak, en route to her heart," Dad reported. "Can't we just time jump into the future where they got the stuff that can fix her?" Jax asked. "This ship is from that very same future and has, thus far, been unsuccessful in saving her," Dad told them. "Kendra wouldn't survive he time jump anyway. I pay attention." Snart said. "To sum up, Carter Hall is dead, he girlfriend's not too far behind, Vandal Savage is sitting pretty in 1975, which we're all stuck in. That how the plan supposed to work, Rip?" Mick asked sarcastically. "Obviously not, but the mission is simple. We stop Vandal Savage here in the past and we save the future." "Simple doesn't mean easy, Captain."Snart replied. "Oh, I never said it was. The benefit of being a Time Master is that the length and breadth of history gives one... perspective. I've seen darker days. I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall, and even then I accomplished my mission no matter what. Gideon, what is our status?" Dad asked. "When the Waverider was attacked by Chronos, the Jumpship was damaged. Unless you make repairs, we will be unable to..." Gideon started but was cut off by Jax asking "Wait, Jump ship?" "It's a small expeditionary vessel at the belly of the Waverider..." I told him. "you're a mechanic! You have a look at it." Dad told him. "Uh... auto mechanic. Uh... spaceship. Okay, if you've got a set of wrenches, I'll see what I can do." Jax said giving in it isn't extremely hard to fix it should be easy for him. "What about the rest of us? Do we just sit?" mick asked. "Capital idea, Mr. Rory. You're not nearly as thick as most people say." dad said going into our little living room. "Thick... does that mean stupid?" Mick asked. "Yes, Mr. Rory yes it does," I said going to see dad with Sarah behind me.

"Is that your son? He looks like you. Sorry. Trained by League of Assassins, sneaking up on people is kind of our thing." Sarah said. "And I'm your daughter I'm good at sneaking up on people. "I'd like to be alone for a moment." dad said. "You don't actually have a plan, do you? And that speech wasn't about convincing us. It was about convincing you. Didn't work, did it?" Sarah asked. "Not particularly, no. Hence my desire to be alone." dad replied. "So we can't kill Savage." Sarah started. "Oh, I see you've grasped the concept of immortality, well done," Dad said sarcastically. "Maybe we could slow him down. Now, Ra's al Ghul taught me a thing or two about fighting powerful adversaries. If you can't kill your enemy, weaken him. If you can't cut off his head, take his heart." Sarah said. "Mr. al Ghul was quite the poet," I replied. "Back at the weapons auction, Savage was trying to sell his nuke." Sarah pointed out. "Money is power." Dad realized what Sarah was onto "Take away Savage's fortune and he's just a regular guy with a really long lifespan." I added, "It certainly would set this plan for world domination back a few decades." Dad replied. "So where does Vandal Savage keep his money in 1975?" Sarah asked.

"Gideon! Where's Savage's money now?" Dad asked. "Dr. Boardman theorized that Savage entrusted it to the Bruemberg Group, the oldest bank in the world," Gideon told us. "I'll go tell the rest of the team," Sarah said. "That won't be necessary. I'm going alone. I can't have any more blood on my hands." Dad said. "Except for your own? You can't go in there without backup." I told him. "Look, I brought everyone with me under false pretenses. Carter would still be alive if I hadn't have convinced him to come." Dad said blaming himself. "No one's on this ship that doesn't want to be here," Sarah told him. "But I can't risk the whole team." dad argued. "Fine. Just me. And if it helps, I'm not giving you a choice. I'm going with you to that bank." Sarah said. "Somebody say bank?" Snart said entering the room with Mick. "Your services aren't required, Mr. Snart. This is purely reconnaissance." Dad told them. "We know how to case banks. We're practically bankers." Mick said. "Except we take the money out."Snart added. "Yes, and when I need someone to steal something, you'll be the first to know, I assure you," Dad told them I can tell he just wants them to go away. "Listen, Englishman. I'm getting bored being stuck on this tin can. And when I get bored, I make bad decisions." Mick threatened. "Now, now, now, we're all on the same side here. My hot-headed friend and I just want to be helpful. That's all." snart said stepping in between them. "Duly noted." Then me, Sarah and dad went back into the Livingroom of the ship. Okay when do we leave?" I asked. "um your not going" Dad said. "wait what but I thought this was a mission that the three of us would take" I argued. "well Val you thought wrong" Dad told me. "but I can help" I said trying to convince him. "no, no you can't Savage isn't someone you want to deal with you should know that more than anyone" Dad told me. " Yeah but what If something goes wrong you'll need backup I'm coming" I told him. "listen I may not be able to stop Miss. Lance from coming but I can stop you last time you went on a mission you were shot and I will not let that happen again" dad said sternly. "but.." I started. "no buts Valentina You are to stay here I will not lose you like I lost your mother and brother do I make myself clear!" Dad shouted. "yes," I said quietly and hurt then I walked out the room "Val wait" he called after me but I ignored him. I got to my room. I slammed my door. I love my dad but at times I just don't understand him.