Progeny

We were walking down to the entrance platform ready to find out what we need to do in 2147 to get rid of Savage. "150 years in the future and people are still wearing wool. Man, I hate wool" Jax complained entering the entrance platform. "Be grateful, Jax Those living outside the Kasnian Conglomerate are dressed in rags." I told him. "Conglomerate?" Sarah questioned. "Yes, in the year 2080, government began to give way to corporations." Dad explained. "More like 2008." Added a snarky comment that made me chuckle. "According to Gideon, in two hours time, our favorite immortal psychopath is scheduled to attend a meeting of the Conglomerate's share holders." Dad told them coming over to me and taking the knife I was about to pack of me, he shook his head in disapproval. I rolled my eyes. "Ooh, sounds exciting." Sarah said sarcastically. "You think Savage takes over the world by trading stocks?" Jax said unconvinced. "What we do know is, in 20 years time, Kasnia is the foothold from which Savage takes over the world, so we hardly want to take him on there, but if we can figure out how his actions here lead to his rise to power, then we won't need to." Dad said finding a small box that he put into his pocket. "Copy that, Captain, but if we're gonna be checking out the future..." Jax started. "We should probably invite the nerd twins." I chuckled. "You know, I can already hear what Stan's gonna say about 2147." Jax laughed

We were walking through the Conglomerate. "The future, it's..." Stein started. "Fascinating. Astonishing." Me and Jax and I chuckled as he said fascinating and I said astonishing. "Well, it was a 50-50 chance which one he'd choose." Jax said with a smirk. "Actually I was going to say, Remarkable." Stein protested. "Isn't it? 2147 was considered the world's zenith. All of these people have five good years to look forward to." Dad told them. "Before what?" Snart asked. "Before a ruthless dictator named Per Degaton comes to power, releases the Armageddon Virus, and most of them end up dead." I told them. "Well, that's depressing." Sarah added. "Whoa. Is that my suit? That's my suit." Ray said happily as he saw the robotic versions of the atom suit that will one day be used to help Savage conquer the world. Then a woman started screaming and people started shouting as a mugger stole the woman's bag. The robotic atom suit shot the man dead. Then 4 landed "You have been identified as violating Ordinance 12." "That is how Per Degaton's father Tor maintains order in Kasnia." Dad told them. "Doesn't look like progress to me." Snart added. "Speaking of progress, we need to get a better lay of the land." Dad replied. "And I need to get a better look at how they made my suit autonomous." Ray added. "Well, why don't you take Martin and Jax with you? Ms. Lance, Mr. Snart, Valentina and I will work on locating Savage." Dad said splitting us up into groups

We arrived at the Kasnian corporation headquarters. "Tor Degaton holds daily meetings with his board of directors." Dad told them. "And it's open to the public?" Sarah asked. "Course not. Just Kasnia's shareholders." Dad replied. "I hate to break it to you, but we're not shareholders." Sarah pointed out. "I'm more of a hard asset man, myself." Snart told him. Dad put these lenses into his eyes to make sure he could get in. The security guard scanned his eye. "You're clear to attend. They'll have to wait outside." He told us. "Oh, no, this is my daughter, my accountant, and she is my personal assist... bodyguard." Dad quickly changed Sarah's fake job because she is way to bad ass to be an assistant. "Stockholders only." The security guard told us. Dad cleared his throat gesturing us to leave. We walked out of the building.

"He's a teacher." Sarah said as dad told us that Savage is tutoring Per Degaton.  We were back on the ship. "Tutor, it would seem, to young Per Degaton himself." Dad replied. "You say that like it's supposed to mean something." Snart replied. "After the death of his father in five year's time, Per Degaton unleashes the Armageddon Virus, which decimates the world's population, leaving it ripe for conquest. Per Degaton primes the world for dictatorship, and then when the time is right... Savage snatches that power away from him." Dad started. "By killing Per Degaton." Sarah finished. "Indeed." Dad clarified. "Okay, so we don't have what we need to take out Savage, but maybe now we can figure out a way to stop his rise to power." Kendra said. "By depriving him of his springboard, Per Degaton." Dad replied. "Okay, how do we do that?" Sarah asked. "It's quite simple, really." Dad started. "We kill the little b*st*rd ourselves." Snart finished telling us what dad wanted to do. "To be clear, we're talking about murdering a child..." Stein said angrily. "Who hasn't done anything to anyone..." Jax added. "Yet, so why don't we pick him off now, while the picking's easy?" Snart asked wanting to kill the kid. "There's got to be a better way." Kendra said not wanting to kill him. "How do we even know that this Per Degaton kid's path to becoming a world-ruling dictator is inevitable?" Ray asked. "Because in the future that I'm from, children learn about Per Degaton in the same way that children in your time learn about Adolf Hitler." Dad told them. "It's true my last history exam was about him and boy was it boarding as hell." I laughed. "Grate to know you took your school work seriously." Dad said sarcastically. "What about addressing the larger societal problems that would allow such a despot's rise to power?" Stein asked taking it into account. "We already know what pushes this punk to the dark side: Savage." Snart said arguing with them. "Look, it's not the kid's fault he's got an immortal psychopath as his tutor." Jax argued back. "If we don't kill the kid now, Savage will as soon as he's done using him to take over the world." Snart replied. "If he doesn't build him into the greatest tyrant the world has ever known, Savage can't become the last tyrant the world will ever know." Dad said agreeing with Snart. "Murdering a child in cold blood just like Savage murdered your own son. What's the use in saving the world if we stoop to his methods to do so?" Stein asked disapproving. And seriously Stein don't bring my brother into this. "I'm with Professor Stein." Ray said. "Okay, fine. If y'all don't have the guts to kill this kid..." Snart started. "Then removing him from the timeline might be the next best thing." Dad finished. "Great, we've gone from infanticide to child abduction. Progress." Ray said in a snarky way. "First we need to devise how to abduct him from underneath the noses of his father's private guard." I said leaning on the table. "And don't forget the army of Atom robots." Ray added. "We're going to need an accomplished thief." Dad as eyeing Snart I'm not sure if he means Mick or Snart."Well, while you're kidnapping baby Hitler, Professor Stein and I will sabotage the robot army." Ray said. "I call Team Robot Army." Jax told them. "Aww that means I'm team kidnapping." I poured playfully. Jax chuckled at my childishness. "Isn't that a waste of time?" Sarah asked not thinking we had to do anything about the robot army. "Not for the Kasnian citizens who are tormented by my technology." Ray replied. "That technology does lead to Savage's rise to power. Good backup plan." Dad told Ray. "Fine, Team Kidnapping." Sarah said. "Go team." Dad replied. "Come on kid." Sarah told me as they were leaving. "Coming mum." I replied going after them.