White Knights

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Dad asked. "Walk in the park. So where are we now?" Snart asked he said the first part sarcastically "Washington, D.C. The year is 1986." Dad reported. "We've landed at the height of the Cold War in a world poised for nuclear annihilation," Stein said. "We've traveled here because I have a new lead on Vandal Savage's location," Gideon explained. "Yes. Gideon managed to intercept this telefax concerning Savage's last known whereabouts." I told them. "Tele-what?" Jax asked. "It's like an email... on paper." Ray tried to explain. "Wow, that's totally useless," Mick added gesturing to the fact that all the writing was crossed out. "Dude, this whole thing's crossed out," Jax said. "Yeah, redacted by the U.S. government, which is why we are here to steal the original file on Savage back from those who are tracking him," Dad said as we all looked at the Pentagon. "Uh, that's the..." Ray started. "Now, now... Don't worry. We have cloaked." dad cut in. "You want us to break into the Pentagon? Sounds awesome." Mick said. "It sounds crazy," Kendra replied. "What's the plan?" Sarah asked. "Oh, the Fabricator will fashion you the necessary Pentagon credentials." dad told them. "Ooh, and don't forget our G-man disguises. I always wanted to be a spy." Ray said we all looked at him weirdly.

Dad said I was to assist him on board the ship even though I wanted to help the rest of the team. "Now, the file we're after is kept in a secure records room. In order to gain access, we're going to need to, uh, 'borrow' a magnetic key card." I said clearly meaning we had to steal it. "Because this is so much easier than just shrinking down and stealing it," Ray said sarcastically. "Let me show you how it's done... old school," Snart said then he made a woman slip because of the wet floor and he stole the magnetic key card and her wallet. I sat on one of the chairs board not listening to half of the conversations that were going on. "The records room has closed-circuit cameras. We need a diversion." Dad said to everyone once Sarah and Kendra got the card. "Someone call my name?" Mick said obviously knowing he was going to distract them. he arms wrestled and surprisingly it worked. "We got the file," Sarah reported. "Okay, now for the tricky part. All personnel are subject to search upon exiting the Pentagon. Firestorm will divert the power long enough for you to exit." dad told them "Ready when you are. all clear" Jax reported. the guards found out that we were intruders and Kendra and Sarah started fighting them off. "We have a slight problem," Sarah said. "Where is that smoke coming from?" I asked. "We've got the file. What the hell does Kendra think she's doing?" dad asked annoyed. the alarm was buzzing. "Good question," Sarah said not knowing what Kendra was doing. Kendra continued to hurt the guards. "All right, wonderful, we've got a demigoddess who's gone completely berserk. Abort. I repeat, abort. Get back to ship right now." Dad said sternly. "Roger that," Jax said as they flew through the ceiling breaking some of it. "I'm pretty sure my dad meant use the door," I said to Firestorm. "but while you're at it, can you help return our winged avenger to her cage?" Dad asked annoyed.

The others got back to the ship and dad was looking at them annoyed. "Instead of dwelling on what went wrong, let's focus on the positive," I said trying to calm my dad down. "What are you talking about? It was awesome." Mick added. "In the same way that tsunamis, earthquakes, and other natural disasters are "awesome," Stein said. "We got the file on Savage," Kendra told him. Stein said, "Despite the hiccup with the alarm?" "Oh, so it's my fault now? You know, maybe if you weren't always yammering away in my head, I could actually focus." Jax defended himself "You have access to 60 years of knowledge and experience. Why not just take advantage of that?" Stein asked, "Because it's my body on the line out there, not yours." Jack shouted. "Hey, it's not your fault. Everything would have been fine if Big Bird over here hadn't freaked out." Sarah said saying it was Kendra's fault. "Excuse me?" She said defensively. "Enough. There is plenty of blame to go around. Now, fortunately, Gideon was able to generate a low-end EMP, which erased all the Pentagon's magnetic media." Dad told them. "Like security footage" Ray stated. "Look, you're just lucky that the Department of Defense likes to keep incidents like this under wraps. Gideon, any luck with our purloined secret file? Please say yes." Dad asked Gideon hoping for something good. "Yes, Captain. According to the Pentagon, Savage has defected to the Soviet Union." Gideon informed us. "So the most powerful evil the world has ever known has just gone red at the height of the Cold War." Stein clarified. "And now he's gonna help them cook up something that kills the future," Ray stated. "Gideon set a course... for the Soviet Union," Dad instructed.